Eventide Space on Sale?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Calaverasgrande, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Dude, thanks I just picked one up too!!

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Too good of a deal for me to pass up. Money in my bank account or not. I needed to. Thanks!

3. yeah, I only just bought a Melekko Chicklet last weekend. But this is $400 cheaper than anywhere else. Besides, I can always sell the chicklet to cover the price of the Space!

4. papoon

papoon Tap, tap, tap... Is this thing on?

May 19, 2011
    Santa Cruz, California
    Marketing Guy, Antares Audio Technologies
    Me too. The price is too crazy to resist (It's still $499 pretty much everywhere else.)

But the listing is kind of odd. There's a note that it requires an iLok for authorization, which is a USB dongle used for software copy protection. Definitely not needed for a hardware pedal. (Kind of makes me wonder what we'll actually get.)

5. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Just ordered as well! Saved all of the info in case it's not legit but man if it is!

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Also if you look at the catalog page it's listed under software and plugins.

Hmmm....

7. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Holy crap, I got on board.
    I just hope it ships, instead of orders getting canceled because it does look like a mistake.

8. Yeah it also says "new arrival" and seems to have software connections.

9. papoon

papoon Tap, tap, tap... Is this thing on?

May 19, 2011
    Santa Cruz, California
    Marketing Guy, Antares Audio Technologies
  10. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    BUT it also clearly states its a foot pedal made of rugged steel design... Regardless I ordered one and saved all info. Here's hoping!

11. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    If they were in stock, this might happen. They are saying they ship in 7-10 days I think. They are going to catch this and cancel our orders most likely.
    I have played this game before, and not won yet...
    we'll see though, I did order one.

Look what it says on the confirmation email:
    All orders are subject to approval by our verification dept.

12. I hope it is and you guys get a great deal. And then flip it to me on the cheap. :D

13. ha, I didnt notice it was Listed in:
    Computer Audio Software >>Virtual Processor Plug-Ins>> Eventide >>Blackhole
    But the email clearly says:
    Eventide Space: Reverb Effects Stompbox
    The Eventide Space is a new stompbox featuring 12 signature reverb effects, many combined with delay, modulation and tremolo. The settings range from Room, Plate and Hall to MangledVerb and ModEchoVerb. Tap Tempo and MIDI sync keep the effects in time with the music.

Price: $99.00
    I thought it was kind of funny that the email said "in stock" but it's backordered one week now. I thought maybe this was some random blowout or buyout type of thing. B&H does have better prices on a lot of things.
    Well we'll see?

14. godblender

godblender Banned Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    Ha. There's no way in hell that an Eventide Space stompbox is going to show up at my door...is there??

15. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Just fwiw, I've played this game of "beat the internet sale typo roulette" about six times, and it worked in my favor one time. So it's not great odds, but it can happen.

16. If you look in the effects section it says it costs 499. I wanted to check out the other pedals they have and noticed that the price was different in the effects section.

17. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    i just ordered one lol

18. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I really wish it was true, but the manufacturer part number matches the plugin, not the stompbox. I suspect that's what is going to show up, and given it's a "special order item" that can't be returned now that it's backordered, I'm not going to risk it.

19. lakedmb

lakedmb Supporting Member

I think they'll claim typographical error and cancel the orders.