1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eventualy found my best bass in rehearsal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clemouze, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Clemouze

Clemouze

Sep 1, 2016
    Paris - France
    Salut all

Last night I was in rehearsal .
    As usual bad room, some metal sheets on the ceiling, amp in a corner , little room.

BUT this time I tried my modulus Flea bass. Only tried once before with the band but was not so cool. This time I put a Legacy Pickup on it and most important I perfectly set it up ! I play pretty hard and the action is something like 1,7 or 1,8 mm between E string and 12th fret. ( the same for G string )

And WOOOOOOW it sounded so good in the mix and played so easily.
    Habitually I always struggle with my tone but not this time !
    Also it sounded good with the band ( guitar singer , drumer and keyboard ) even if it was not expected when knowing our original tone ( first album hear to check the bass tone : A Ride Across Your Mind, by Cosmocracy Inc. ).
    It sounded good alone and good on mix !

So voilà ( it is written like that and not viola ) first time I am really happy with my bass in rehearsal
    I guess I Will take it for next gig, in particular if there is a soundguy. The tone is easy to work with and already coloured to my tastes ( I tend to not trust very much what they do to the bass tone in front )

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Nice! I love it when my own gear occasionally surprises me!

Clemouze likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021