Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever been in a wreck?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. I don't drive

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    I had my first(and hopefully last) one a few months ago. It was bad. I was going downhill into a s-curve in the rain. Well apparently I was going too fast for it and right as I got to the middle of the S I fishtailed and went into a sideways slide. To make matters worse there was a cop car coming up the hill at the exact moment I neared the bottom. I slid right into her:oops: Fortunately nobody was hurt, but I felt so stupid because I should have been going slower(35 mph at the time of the curve. under the speed limit). Of course, then when I got to school it was really embarassing too because I had hit a cop:oops:

2. hmmm...that reminds me; i'm gonna hve to start learning to drive soon. my dad said he's gonna buy me a car when i get my license, but he probably won't. oh well.
    that sucks man. glad you're okay.:)

3. I dont drive but Ive managed to cause a crash. I told my dad there wasnt a car and told him to pull out. But uh there was one. No one was hurt though (in the crash anyway). I swear that car came from nowhere :rolleyes:

4. I spun out on black ice in a mountain snowstorm west of Albany last March and did $5500 of damage to my Jeep. Strangely, my insurer paid up, and my premiums have not increased.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    No. I had a bit of a knock a few weeks ago, at a junction another driver wasn't looking and knocked into the side of me. Not what I'd call a wreck though, just another dent in the door :)

6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Never been in a serious two-vehicle collision (a few fender benders) but have been in a couple of serious single vehicle accidents - both where the vehicle rolled a few times. Fortunately, everyone was able to walk away from both. This was in the days when drinking and driving was not considered "unacceptable".

Not fun. Don't drink and drive.

:mad:

7. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Yup..I got in one 2 years ago. The insurance money gought be a bass amp.

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    You name it, I have wrecked it.....road cars, motorcycles, and race cars. Strangely enough, the race car is the only one of the 3 that hasn't ever sent me to the hospital!

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I was in a bus that flipped and rolled of rt3 south from Boston when I was in high school. I was driving my brother's car once when a jackass in a chevette came flying over a very short very steep hill at about 80mph, destroyed both cars. My eyelid was neatly cut in half, but my eye was untouched. I had a good surgeon, now you can barely see the scar.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Nothing major yet. Only thing that has happened to me in my car thus far is i was rear ended by a chevy corsica that didn't do anything to my car but crumbled the guys bumper. I've checked under the bumper to see if anything was done & nothing was wrong. At the time i had a smudge of dirt on it from where the guys car hit but nothing that my glove couldn't fix. I hope never to get into a major accident but who knows how that'll go. Thats all

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I rear-ended a van. I pulled over and went to apologize to the driver (for being a dumb ass), and they where not to be found. I waited and waited.

The police finally showed and I explained what happened (expecting the vans owner to come back).

The police informed me the van was stolen. They gave me a police report, then I went to school.

12. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Actually, 2 plane crashes but never a car wreck.

13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Never.

14. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Blimey, Amadeus, are you a magnet for 'em or what?!? :)

15. I've been in countless "near hits" and spins, skids, hydroplanning, 180°'s,... u name it i did it. But never actually hit anything. It seems each time i lose controle i'm the only one on the road.

Guess i got a sh*t load of luck or a hell of a guarding angel.

16. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Actually about 3 weeks ago someone did a hit-and-run in our school's junior lot, someone was doing donuts and then took off, and slid into my truck, did 1700 dollars worth of damage to it. I was luckily in 3rd period and not near the truck, but it really bothered me someone did something that dumb. It was alright, I wanted to get it re-painted anyway, and I got it back yesterday, it looks awesome.

P.S. You could say I haven't been in a wreck.

17. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    the only two where i was driving were mild fender benders, but:

i got thrown out of and dragged behind a pickup truck for 20 feet or so, lost skin from ass to crown.

girlfriend stole daddy's pickup once, flipped it. her and her girlfriend were in the front and cut all to hell, little brother next to me flew out and hit a mailbox, tons of broken bones. i just bumped my head.

pickup trucks are bad.

18. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Broadsided in 1995 by a guy who ran a stop sign and the corner and blasted us in the intersection. He had bought his car new three days prior and had his girlfriend in the car. He was celebrating with roses for her and a 40 ounce for him. We were knocked from the intersection into a fence on the sidewalk. The roof was bent chassis bent and car destroyed. That was the first time in my life my seatbelt was not on, had it been I would be dead.
    12-20-02 was rearended while sitting at a light, this saga continues.

19. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    27/10/01 was reear ended by some thieving scumbag in a car that later turned out to be unregistered. He pranged my car from behind and did a runner - bastage!

My car was written off, the hard case my bass was in was totalled. The bass and I suffered cuts and bruises - and I had a lot of neck trouble with whiplash for a while. My insurers paid out, but it goes as a claim against me - 'cos of the hit and run.

I'm just glad I walked away mostly unharmed (nothing permanent anyway). I'm still waiting on my personal injury claim.....

20. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That's real crappy, Johnny :(