Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever change strings and fall in love with your bass again?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I just changed the DR lowriders off my FBB 5'er for sr2000 Will Lee's from Dean Markely, and I love the bass again. I really disliked the other strings! The difference to me is nothing short of miraculous. I've tried other strings before but have never experienced this much of a change. Now I am happy.

2. What kind of strings are the will lee's?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    New strings in general do this to me. Dean Markely's blue steels make me pee with joy.

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Yep, just put Chromes on my HW1 Jazz and giged for the first time last night. bass felt fantastic and sound was what ive been looking for but been to lazy (and skint) to find.
    played rounds (steel) for last 19 years, middle of last year i tried Fender nicks and fel in love with the sound but after they went dull tried TI's around Jan but didnt quite like the sound on stage but loved the feel of flats (first time i had ever played them), went back to nicks for a couple of weeks but couldnt get on with them, bass felt hard to play so on went Chromes and wow, fantastic alround. great sound and feel.
    I think i over played at the gig, couldnt get enough of the sound.

Dave.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Just like dave_bass5... CHromes on my P-Bass turned it inot a roots-rock monster!

-robert