Ever do something "ROCK STAR"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MCT, Jul 21, 2005.

1. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Well this past Sunday I played a show at Far West in atl. We did well but the crowd wasn't into us since we're a pseudo punk outfit and they were there to hear a lot of Maiden covers, which is not a bad thing at all. We got off of the stage and listen to the other bands play and they rocked. Well at some point while one of the bands was setting up somebody got a little crazy and trashed the club's V.I.P. rooms, knocked over the tables and broke a lot of glass, punched holes in the walls, pissed everywhere, put all of the couch cushions in the shower, left the water running. Basically did the "RockStar" trash deal. When asked about it they didn't know why they did it. They just did. Well it was dick thing to do. Just thought I'd post about it.
  2. Threw a TV through a closed window of a crappy place we gigged at. after all we are a Punk band.

I recommend it (but remember to scarper before you have to pay for it and make sure the vans packed and ready to roll. :D
  3. ps. I Don't give a s**t if you think its 'immature' or 'stupid'

live a little for f***s sake!!! :spit:
  4. The worst thing we've done is re-arrange the letters on the sign out front to spell out stupid things... I don't think I'd ever throw a TV through a window or anything, I actually like to be invited back to a venue! :)
  5. FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Let's just say that me and one of my metal bandmates, along with our sound man, had some sexual escapades one evening in our rehearsal room with several willing groupie-type girls that were pretty hot! They said they wanted to be "had" by rock stars, so we gave 'em all we "had"! :p

Ah but that was many years and two wives ago. Now I'm just a tame ol' dude.....mostly!
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

If I went to your crappy place and threw your crappy TV out your crappy window would it be punk? After all you couldn't get mad, I'm just living life to it's fullest. :rolleyes:

I hate the whole Rock Star thing, "Boo hoo, touring is so hard, those people working 9-5 don't understand me, I'm going to trash this hotel room to let out all my anger/frustration from my getting paid to make music."
  7. Hay chill.

I work 5.30 till 4.00 on a childrens ward for peanuts (NHS).
    Ive seen some pretty shi**y things happen to innocent little kids.
    Im 20 years old and when im not on duty im with the band, I maintain a balance, I work hard, am responsible and have never had a day off sick in 2 years.
    But once I am out of my uniform I am a different person and sometimes you realise that life really is too short to worry about things that don't matter, just rip the curtains, throw the tv who cares (pay for it if you want) just live and let live, some never even get the chance to learn how to smile.
  8. Bingo
  9. thechauffeur86

Apr 29, 2005
    So you ruin someone elses day just to make yours that little bit better?
  10. MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    So acting like a total ******* with no regards for other people's property is living life and punk?

If I ever get to gig with you I know whose bass I have to wreck cause it's people like you who give a bad name to punk and rock bands worldwide and causing clubowners to rather hire a DJ instead of a band...
  11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002

I don't dig the whole "rock star" load of garbage at all.
  12. I pissed in my closet once when I was four, does that count ?
  13. Yes. Yes it does.
    My band had an onld, non-operation organ one time, so we put it in the back of a truck and went driving down a dirt road until the organ fell out. You should have seen that sucker explode on contact.
  14. Groupies? That would have been nice back in the day.

Throwing a tv? Never got the chance.

Does playing for free and being told how good you are count? What about paying to play? How about emptying YOUR wallet for a demo while the other guys cry poormouth?

It ain't exciting but that's my story.

Oh, and it is pretty funny watching ANY multi milltionaire complain about their profession. Prince = Slave scrawled on his face, Terrell Owens = restructure contract, etc. :crying:
  15. Once i'm a rockstar i'll so be "rockstar-y". You'll read about it in the papers... just keep checking.
  16. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    Random property dammage has never really done it for me... :meh:

onto bigger and better things though:
    I was gigging at a charity concert when an amp in the tech booth blew out. that was fun :rolleyes: eight bands with four or more members each just sitting around doing nothing and baisically going bonkers and at eachothers throats for three hours while we got the thing repaired. Someone got injured in the whole thing... If we had a tv, someone probably would have thrown it out a window for sure.
  17. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Why not bring an Uzi and spray the crowd as you play? Then you could claim that you were "just venting onstage" as they strap you to the gurney and give you the Hot Shot....

Seriously, I have known many, many "rockstar musicians" in real life, and the very first time they get arrested and charged for their breakage, it's suddenly not so cool anymore. Especially if someone gets hurt. Ever set fire to the curtains in your hotel room? Pretty expensive, especially when a bunch of people die for your stupidity. Throwing TVs through the window? Think about a struggling single mom who is staying at that hotel while her 3-year-old son is being treated at a nearby hospital. She walks out of her room, going to the Coke machine, stressed out to the max, walks by your room as you throw the TV through the window, hitting her in the head and killing her. Is that being PUNK? Is that "just living a little"? Grow up! Acts like that have no place in the music scene.

If you were in MY band and did that, I would have fired you on the spot, deducted the damages from your pay, and made you walk home. 500 miles away? Too bad. Hoof it, loser, and carry all your gear with you- whatever's left after I made you pawn it to pay for damages. Hope you have casters on that 810 SVT...

Quit studying Assholicism. People like you are ignorant, arrogant, and should not breed. :mad:
  18. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    The most "rockstar" thing I ever "did" was your mom...
  19. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    +1 on the whole NOT throwing a tv through a window.

I havent done many flashy things but this one time, my guitarist cleaned off this table and for our encore song he jumped up on it while he soloed. Needless to say the solo wasnt quite as good as his other ones, but he sure looked cool doing that.

Also at the special olympics, my guitarist took his shirt off and threw it into the crowd of athletes.
  20. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    (this aint punk, but oh well)
    I was at a Fishbone concert, probably 18 years ago. The croud was roudy, there was lot's of "slam dancing" taking place(moshing had not yet been invented). There was also another band playing that night(The Spastics, or something) so it was a mixed crowd. Guys with spikes and chains were doing some damage, at that point it was all good, just rock & roll, but the house didn't think so. They were trying to get the band to stop but the band started bad mouthing into the mics over the PA. After the power got shut-off someone chucked a solid based mic stand into the crowd. When the lights came back-on some poor guy's scalp was hanging off of his head as he was gurgling in a pool of warm fresh blood. He probably had a fractured skull, maybe worse.
    Anybody who throws heavy things and does damage to property and/or people is a criminal.
    Music is supposed to be an outlet to express feelings, if those feelings happen to be frustration and anger that's great. If someone still feels like they have to act out physically then maybe their music is a little to "SOFT", or maybe they just belong in jail.