1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever Feel Low?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Herrlster, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Have any of you fine people of OT ever felt low about yourselves? Right now I feel kinda crappy about myself...

There are so many wrong things about myself that I'm trying to fix right now. And right now I feel pretty crappy because of all of these problems.

I am taking prescription pills, face wash and face gel for my acne problem. I am taking prescription cream to heal up a big scar on my leg. I am getting braces in August to straighten out my teeth. And I have just started exercising and working out so I can lose this very extra weight I have on me.

Like damn, that's a lot of physical problems for one person don't you think?

2. it was called middle school and the B!tch who has been a PITA for too long

3. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    yea that's a lotta physical probs. For my regular teen pimples I just use bar soap every night in the shower--keeps most of them away. Had braces already. At least you have some meat on your bones. I need to gain weight if anything, because my BMI is loowww....17.8, where underweight is anything under 18.5.

And I never feel low about myself, just have the occasion where I'm lacking inspiration to make up new music....right now I guess is that lacking time.

4. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    Late middle school early highschool...dont worry it gets worst...i mean better

;)

5. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Not really, don't be hard on your too self we all kind of feel like that sometimes plus your situation doesn't seem too bad.

6. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    well just be grateful all the physical problems u have are easily fixable. this day and age dermatology is great and massive crater face is far less common. losing weight just takes discipline, and if you want you can get invisiline braces.

7. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I feel low when I play my bass.

(ba dum chink!)

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    good for you for wanting to fix those problems. seriously i applaud you.

and yes, i feel low all the time. sometime i think it's okay to not feel alright, i like to put on some depressing music (joni mitchell or downtempo electronica) and just revel in the mood.

im in one of those right now. got the slow jams on right now.

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Just stick with it. In a few years you'll see a huge difference.

10. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    Hey, Another Yooper kinda... (I just go to college up here in Houghton, not native)...Weight loss takes diet changes and activity ( I gave up pop for a year and lost 25 pounds just from that), simple as that...unless you have gland problems. Braces are worth the trouble so dont bum on those. Acne is tricky...I got sick of all the acne washes and started using Dove unscented bar soap and havent had issues from acne ever since (find what works).. Winter usually gets me here (lack of sun is tough, though we have sunlamps on campus for that). Ive fought Depression for some time now and Im starting to win that fight....It only gets better after HS for the most part man...there is hope

Hope this message reaches you in a better mood.

11. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Just so you know, the guy I'm dating now has quite a bit of acne and he's overweight. I think he's very sexy.

It's all in the personality.

12. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    He must have a well hung personality.

:bag:

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    You mean he's overweight in the right place?

14. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Nice, lol, sounds like me, but opposite, the trick is: Don't care so much. Trust me.

I have acne. It's pretty bad. Never bothered with pills, or face wash. It's clearing up after a few years.

I have an awesome scar on my leg since I picked at the scab whenever it started to heal.

And for the braces, fun stuff, lol. Totally worth it.

But honestly man, seems like you are really caring too much about appearance to me, just go with the flow, and don't let appearances stress you out, and take a toll on your self esteem, that's not helping you at all. You're a teenager, we all go through crap like this, it's part of life, when it's over, you'll look back and realize how much you really obsessed about it.

I'm not trying to bash you here, far from it. Just trying to get you to look at it diferently.

Good luck!

15. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    LMAO!!

16. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    you mean his dong is massive.

17. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    I believe she has confirmed it.

18. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Oh great. What am I supposed to tell my man. That all of TalkBass thinks you have a giant p****?

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No. It's pretty typical for your age really.

bc

20. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    sounds like a heck of an ego boost to me

tell him

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021