1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever find a cheap bass - even cheaper and LOVE IT????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OldSchoolBass, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Cheap is a harsh word, but I think you know what I mean..

I was looking around for another bass as a back up, reliable, from someone I knew, for a LOW price. Funds are limited these days - wife is a teacher and is off for the summer... :ninja:

Anyway, recruited a new guitarist in our band, and we practiced at his studio and i noticed a few bass length cases in the corner of his studio mingling amoung the guitar cases.. Naturally I inquired.. "Are those a few bass cases I see over there?" He brought one over and it was an Ibanez.. :meh:

Now, I was leery, never a big fan of Ibanez. I picked it up, very light - neck was thin, looked sharp, I actually liked it. It was an SR800 model. Honestly, I hadn't played an Ibanez since I had a P-Bass copy RoadStar back in high school.. That's about 22-23 years now. :eek:

I called him later that day and asked if he'd be willing to sell... I was after something reliable, from someone I knew - and he said he would unload it...

I got it for $150. :hyper: Complete with the original Ibanez HS case.. With "Ibanez" in script on the side.

Anyway, not a great find, a Lakeland, or Modulus, but in my humble arsenal, a pretty solid addition. :bassist:

2. Good find! That's definately a good price.

3. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thats a awesome price for that bass. You could actually make some money on that one if ya decided to sell it down the road.

The 800 series were sweet basses.

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    That's a great price for a great bass. I got my lefty 800 for $200, tho my case is for a righty and it's a bit tight.

5. When did they stop making that model? I wasn't able to find it on their website...

6. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    go to www.ibanezrules.com and there is a resource section with catalogs you can browse thru them.

7. Thanks! :)