1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ever find money at just the right time?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pcake, Nov 17, 2018.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    this thread was inspired by the Finding $10 protocol thread.

in i think 1991 at a very broke and sad time, i had just moved to a single just west of gower and franklin in hollywood. i was out walking the dog at about 3 am in front of one of the sidewalk cafes on the north side of franklin when i found a $20 bill. there was no one around - it was quite desolate, so i put it in my pocket and kept walking the dog. two storefronts later, i found a $10 and $1.

at the time, that $31 was a ray of sunshine and hope in a rather dark time, and the next day it was a trip to the market :)

2. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nope, still looking...;)

pcake likes this.
  3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    No.

4. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I usually find a way to spend money at the wrong time.

pcake, DirtDog and Microbass like this.
  5. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    I haven't, but I'm open to trying it.

6. If I could be paid for doing this, I'd be the best in the business.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    My wife and I were walking one morning a few years ago just after Christmas, (usually a fairly broke time for us, as it was on this day), talking about being on the "PB&J and Hotdog" diet again, when I spotted a folded $20 on the curb! Certainly not destitute, but the money was appreciated... We were just chatting about that incident the other night...

Another time, as we were walking our dog through the park behind our house and found a folder with some handwritten addresses, carbon copy receipts, and better than $400... She recognized the folder as belonging to guy going door-to-door in the area, so we picked it up and were going to drive around looking for him. Couldn't find him, but an hour or so later saw him running past the house towards the park and hailed him... guess you could lump that in with finding cash at the right time :D

-robert

S-Bigbottom and pcake like this.
  8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    No! What's your secret?

9. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    No, I'm more prone to losing money at the most inopportune times.

I have actually shredded paper money under a lawnmower once.

S-Bigbottom, saabfender and pcake like this.
  10. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Is there ever a wrong time to find money?

saabfender likes this.
  11. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    My last bulldog before my present one used to eat paper money (my wife used to leave her purse unzipped in the house). More than once I had to follow him (the dog) around the yard, and after he did his business, pull out and wash a tightly curled up twenty dollar bill.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  12. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    :eek:

13. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Didn't find money on the sidewalk but I did find something else. I was going through my mail and I almost threw out one letter because it looked like junk mail. I decided to open it and it was for a pension I didn't know I had. The company had gone bankrupt. Not a lot of money but every little bit helps. Very happy surprise.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  14. Never been lucky at finding physical money, but I have at figurative money, in the form of connections.
    Working as a contractor, it was essential that when I was falling out of one job that I could easily fall into another & the bigger my network, the better!

I remember walking into a job once & the interviewer was my old boss. He just nodded, shook my hand, & hired me on the spot. Happy Days!

15. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    I once found a bag o weed on the sidewalk. I don’t indulge myself, so i gave it to a friend who did with the caveat emptor. That’s about as close as I’ve come, other than finding a dime in a pay phone.

16. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    No. But several times in my life I have been dirt poor. A few times I really didn't know where my next meal was coming from.

And each time, I would have a way to make some money land in my lap. It could have been a last-minute fill-in gig that included a comp meal. It could have been someone calling and saying he would pay me $100 cash to help him move a piano.... right now. Once a guy called me and asked me if I knew anyone who would rent out a bass rig for $100.

Somehow I scraped by each time I was broke and about to be hungry.

slobake likes this.
  17. I created a situation where someone found $10 or two fives at the Air and Space Museum recently.