ever get something thrown at you

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by supergreg, Jan 22, 2002.

1. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    During my first bass solo of my first show i got a battery thrown at my head. Boy i thought i must of sucked. until they threw money at me. 3 pennies.
  2. that's more than i made at my first gig...

you scored a battery and 3 cents!!!!!

3. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    i never got anything thrown at me. but our drummer used to say that when we get really big (when--ha, he had high hopes) that WE were gonna THROW STUFF at the CROWD. he claims they like it, cuz of all the hardcore shows he goes to. LoL... awesome.
  4. Hmmm...do panties count? :p

No, I've never had anything thrown at me on stage, mostly because all my gigs have been school events, and there are always teachers around so people can't do anything too bad. :p
  5. I played a local battle of the bands and my girlfriend decided to be a smartarse, and we were covering Sir Psycho Sexy by RHCP but we extend the solo bit to do some improvisation and I was playing a funky little evelope filter solo when she threw her underwear at me and it landed right on my head stock. It got a cheer too:D
    Spose the story would be cooler if it wasnt my girlfriend throwing underwear.:rolleyes: :p
  6. I suppose I should clarify the underwear wasn't being worn prior to that. She brought them along to be a smart-arse.
    Otherwise it could of been kinda awkward :D
  7. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    the best part was that it was at school.
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    maybe a fellow bassist noticed the lack of battery on your active bass :D
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I once got a Jack'n'Coke tossed right in my face. Lesson learned: don't heckle back a heckler in a biker bar (duh).
  10. I got a really crusty and yuck pink G-string (not the bass type) thworn at me, but I later found out my friend did it
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    if the battery was a 9 volt use it those lil' buggers are to expensive [most of the time]. I have had anything thrown at me besides a body-at a party a girl came up to me and got her arms & hands under my strap and gave me a hug-scared me at the time until i realized who it was. thats all
  12. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    errrrr......i've thrown things at local bassists, like tonight (or last night, its 12:05 now), the band's singer broke part of the suspended ceiling down, and threw it into the crowd, and i got this really huge piece of it. well, i started breaking pieces off and i threw one at the bassist (i know him, his name is evan) and he threw it back, crowd goin nuts, and after the show i had a relatively good sized piece and he had them all sign it.
  13. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    My orchestra instructor started throwing candy at me one day. A lot of it, too. It got very distracting.
  14. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    I throw candy at the crowd. Then they are happy little bunnies for the rest of the night.
  15. I've had a few candy canes and an empty box of them thrown at me. All in the same show by the same guy. So I threw them back! And kicked the box at him. It's all good he's one of my best friends.
  16. Someone hocked a big luggie at me and it hit me right in the middle of my forehead. He had good aim! I've had a everything from panties to pumpkins thrown at me when I perform, I don't know why but it's sure interesting trying to dodge them.
  17. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Never had anything thrown (yet). We played a club
    that had a balcony right above the stage. A table collapsed directley above me and about 10 full bottles of beer came crashing down on me, my rig, and my pedals. (my moogerfooger took a direct beer splashdown and was unphased) That was interesting. On another note, in the last few years that phish was on tour, I saw the band get pelted with friggin' glowsticks every night. So, even the big dogs get a good hurling once in a while.
  18. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    My guitarist was hit with a lit cigarette once. That's not too bad when you consider that the singer of the previous act was cut (as in by a person with a razor).
  19. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    "I absolutely love these guys! I think I'll throw my boot at 'em!"

What's up wit dat?
  20. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    I dunno-The flying glowsticks are good eye candy.
    I can't understand what makes people throw them at the band. It got so bad during the last tour that they would be dodging glowsticks through the entire show.