1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever get the twitchy eyelid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lazylion, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I think it's pollen-related. Stuffy nose, cough, headache, these I can deal with, take a pill or whatever. But nothing cures the twitchy eyelid!

Aaarrgghh! I hate it!! :spit:

Discuss.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's just muscle spasm. It'll go away. I have that happen every once in a while.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I get it when I have had my contact lenses in too long. For me, it means my eye is tired.

-Mike

4. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Every time my drummer over plays or comes in off time from a fill, or when my guitarist yells at me for being to loud.

5. I get that all the time!! Along with a twitch in my nose, and a twitch in a muscle at the back of my thumb. I hate them so.

Rock on
    Eric

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I used to get the twitchy eyelid thing ALOT, but I cant remember the last time I had it.

7. I usually get it in the lower part of my eye. It's from lack of sleep or fatigue. Stress and coffee doesn't help either.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, getting some extra sleep probably couldn't hurt.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We've talked about this here before. My wife's a doctor and she asked a neurologist about it when she got that once and he said it's most likely a combo of fatigue and stress.

bc

10. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I could get more sleep. But NO ONE is taking away my coffee!!

It does seem to be worse when it's pollen season. :rolleyes:

11. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I haven't had it in a while, but it is pretty annoying. +1 to the stress/sleep posts.

12. +10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
    on that one!

I would rather walk around with an eye that looked as if it was doing Morse code before I gave up my coffee.

The pollen does seem to be a little more bothersome this season. It usually doesn't bother me this early on, not until the ragweed comes out and I have had a couple of sinus headaches myself.

Hey, try to use the eye to your advantage. You'll either get a date or a smack up side the head. The date would be the best scenario, but the smack to the head may cure the eye. :p

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Now that I think about it, my twitch came back after Lent when I started drinking soda again. I was caffiene free for 47 days and now that I'm back drinking it, my eye is twitching again.

Yeah, I don't mind the cough, the stuffy nose or the runny nose, but the twitching eye is starting to get on my nerves.

Looks like I'll quit with the caffiene again.

p.s. There it goes again.

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You just described my daily routine.

15. Just what i was going to say

I get them now and again too

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I was in the same boat - gave up pop for Lent, and then I ended up quitting it altogether. When I did have the occasional pop, it was usually something like root beer or Sprite that are caffeine free. I also don't drink coffee or tea.

When I occasionally have a coffee if I'm out with friends, though, it makes my heart race and I end up reacting pretty badly to it. I've been off of it for about three years now.

17. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I went through a bad bout of this about a month ago. It was because I wasn't getting enough sleep combined with drinking too much caffiene. Mostly the sleep part, but the caffiene compounded the situation (I noticed my twitch got worse when I spent a week up at my dad's and enjoyed too much of his fine gourmet coffee every day.)

18. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Sometimes.

But more often than the twitchy eyelid are the twitchy eyebrows for me, but I can semi-cause it (its a response I give when someone says something thats just really stupid or bizarre.)

19. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I get that sometimes.

20. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I posted a thread about this a while ago. I get this bad sometimes, and it doesn't go away for weeks sometimes. It IS sleep related, and seems to sync up nicely with my bouts of insomnia. Stress'll do it too.