1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ever had a pro play on your gear?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ryognbass, Apr 9, 2009.

1. last year i had the honor of meeting Doug Wimbish and witnessing a small clinic at my old school with no more than 40 students in attendance. besides running FOH, he ren his massive pedalboard into my GK 112 combo, which handled it all beatifully. it was a truly amazing performance, and to be "part of it" in even a small way felt great :hyper:

so im wondering if anyone else on here has experienced similar situations with their rig/bass :cool:

2. Wyrm74

Wyrm74

Oct 28, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Yep. Had Brian Bromberg himself play my B-Quad 4. He used to come to the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival every year at the University of Idaho where I went to school. He also came to see my band later that evening at our house gig at a local bar. He kept screwing with me from the audience, he had a laser pointer and kept shooting me with it. I started getting ticked and looked around to see who the culprit was, and there was Brian about 6 feet away grinning like a fool while pointing that thing at me. He's a pretty cool guy, and I wish I had the chance to visit with him again.