1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever had former classmates be linked to organised crime?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    At my ten-year h.s. reunion, one of the guys who showed up was an *obvious* big cocaine dealer in San Antonio. He even admitted it...proudly. He had a *very* expensive suit on, a roll of $100's bigger than my fist, an entourage, and a very expensive woman on his arm, and a good-sized bag of blow in his pocket. He bought everyone there drinks, three times. There had to be at least 250-300 people there. (Big school.)

A lot of us dealt pot in our youth, small-time, or muled it north, because it was plentiful, cheap, and the cops didn't bother much with it back then. They were after cocaine dealers. That guy had always been sweet and rather quiet, all through school. A "good kid", working on his dad's ranch. He was a big dude, and had done well on the football team. *No one* ever expected this guy to become a big-time coke dealer.

Never saw him at any of the subsequent reunions, though. I figure he either died, got busted, or is in hiding somewhere.

Cherie :ninja:

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    These guys definitely were always in the "wanna-be Tony Soprano" clique at high school (even though it predated the Sopranos by a number of years), but you never really thought they would follow through with it if you know what I mean.

4. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    They always seemed like wannabe's, huh? Man...its a trip to see someone you used to know become something...negative and unexpected. :rollno:

Cherie

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Organised crime? Not yet.

Disorganised crime? Yes.

6. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    That what we were, back in our pot dealing/mule-ing days...disorganized little criminals. Little high school kids doing it for free smoke and concert-going money.

:rollno:

Cherie

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    There was a girl that I had a big-time crush on in HS, very pretty Beyonce-looking gal, she was into modeling and wanted to be an actress etc. I never asked her out, I was too damned gawky in HS.
    After HS, she hooked up with the wrong crowd in Philly. She ended up shooting her drug-dealing boyfriend and went to prison for a long time. Total total waste of someone who could have had a much better life...oh well

8. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Not classmates. Just family members...

Hey, my family came from Corleone, Sicily (absolutely true, I swear!) -- What do you expect?

9. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    man you shoulda asked her out...coulda changed the world!!!!! yea!

(unless she said no lol then you'd still be another TB loser like me...and maki)

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You kidding? With the way I can p*ss women off, she probably would have shot me!

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Certain " Families" in NY would send their sons to the Academy to keep them safe and out of that life for a whille.

12. As far as I know, nothing further than a few guys that deal drugs.

13. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    My brother in law got convicted for Grand Theft Auto, stealing my wife's car, his own mom pressed charges. How's that for organized?

14. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    ALL THE TIME.

15. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Probably all three, but not in that order.

16. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    A sweet old lady I used to work for was a Gambino (maiden name). She's related to "The" Gambino's, but not part of the "family". Still...I made sure to do a *very* good job for her! :ninja: ;) :bag:

Cherie :)

17. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Ayup. All things must come to an end...and coke dealers often come to quite a bitter end.

Cherie

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021