1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever had the latch replaced on your HSC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob_Ross, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    While I don't doubt the DIY approach is simple, I don't own a pop-rivet gun, and I'm not going to buy one just for this one-time repair.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had one (or several) of the latches* on their hard shell cases replaced, and if so where did you go to get that work done?

I figured a place that does luggage repair would be the no-brainer solution, but Googling ones in my area just turned up a lot of places that upon further investigation seem totally wrong.

It seems like it should be a simple repair! Maybe I should spring for a pop-rivet gun and do it myself...?

*I did learn that the official name for these latches is "Drawbolt Closure Latch"

2. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Nope, but I ought to. I'm missing a latch, and it happens to be the one that allows for use of a lock.

3. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    The bungee cure, yes have seen it and had it.

Nope never fixed one. Have carried case under arm.

Finding the right guy is the deal. Try high end luggage shops, asking about their repairs?
    Maybe upholstery shops?

Good luck, used case is $75-90.