Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ever had your heart broken ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    come on guys, fess up, did a female ever break your heart and it took you a while to get over it, or maybe you've never really have gotton over it?

I got mine snapped when I was 18, she dumped me for someone who was kool, and could play basketball, I was neither :help:

then again when I was thirty something..(long story short)..different woman, we had a little spat, I called her one day to tell her how much I missed her, and she was not there, but she called me back that evening to tell me she had got married the day before:eek: :confused:

NOT KOOL, the things life can throw at you....oh yeah, I am over thoses of course.

2. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    Once. I've only had one girlfriend (I'm currently 20) and it last for 15 months. We started dating when I was 16 and she dumped me when I was 17 just before her high school graduation (she was a year older than I). It took me around 5 days and I was fine. I was more irritated than upset. Some say I got over it too quickly but oh well. I am fine now :hyper:

Dang dude, that whole thing about the gal gettin' hitched is pretty bizarre.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I was in love with a girl in high school. We dated for quite a while, but it ended when I went on a family trip, and ended up making out with some other guy when I was gone. Still get that kick in the chest feeling (though it's just a little twinge now) when I see her around.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Who hasn't/won't have it happen eventually? I think it's something everbody's bound to go through at least once.

Mine happened this past summer -- my best friend, to boot. It took a while for me to get over it, to be sure. Longest August of my entire life. I'm fine about it now and have been for a few months, but there's always that curiosity (where would it have gone, had we more time?) and the occasional very vivid memories that come up occasionally.

5. ahhh dont even remind me........

i feel like it is now if what this douchebag friend of my gf's is saying...but he likes her and i'm pretty sure hes making it up, hes saying my gf's cheating on me with some dude named gage and gave me the number and everything. i cant believe him, i refuse to believe him. i know her well enough to the point i know shes extremely against cheating...er..i hope. but i'm pretty sure he made it up....and shes been grounded off the phone all week so i dont know whats going on..i havnt been able to get a hold of her...

damnit...i wish i was at a wailers concert right now

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh yeah....once. I dated a girl for almost two years. One night at dinner she told me she wasn't ready to commit to a relationship or marriage. It hurt, but I understood.

One week later, I saw her holding hands with another dude in the mall. Being the bold person I am, I walked right up to her and asked what the freak was going on. "Oh, I met his the other day" was the line I got. I called her a liar and walked away. That was over 10 years ago.

-Mike

7. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

short answer...yes, and it still hurts sometimes, but it all worked out in the end.

long answer...eh...maybe sometime I'll type it all out.

8. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    yeah, very bizarre ...and I had to get on a plane the next day to go to some training for my job, THAT WAS THE LONGEST PLANE RIDE I HAVE EVER TAKEN.:(

9. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    it was your best friend:eek: I thought that stuff only happend in the movies......So how did your best friend explain that situation to you:confused:

10. Chuck Norris wouldnt allow his heart to be broken. He would round house kick the girl in the chest and break hers

11. yes, i have had mine crapped on

12. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    No, can't say I have sorry, but I am only 12 so I don't care.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Yeah. I'm not going to give you the big convoluted story, but I married my high school sweetheart (we dated for 5 years). 6 months later she was cheating on me.

Took me years to get over.

14. Many Many times for me, and now I'am a leary of getting back on the dating staddle again, Or should I not be a nancy, and take the plunge?

15. Jingle_W_Clark

Jingle_W_Clark Banned

Feb 4, 2006
    Women are totally unreliable and untrustworthy.

16. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I hope some female member does not decide to challenge you about that one. :eek: otoh...maybe some females feel the same about guys...

17. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    you can update us again by the time you hit your 20's Iam sure you will have a story to tell!

18. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    sorry to hear that Pacman...:meh: .

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I doubt I could even count the number of times.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Meh... sorta. not really.

Ya... but i was over it in an hour.