Ever have… To many favorites?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel406, May 9, 2021.

1. DanTheQuaker

DanTheQuaker Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Yup. I have 6 and I enjoy playing each and every one equally. Each has a different sound and personality (fretted, fretless, flatwounds, roundwounds, active, passive, etc.). For practicing at home I'll grab whichever one appeals to me at that moment. For band rehearsals and gigs it's a question of which bass best suits the situation.

2. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    My band is booked till 2023

3. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I've heard that the average guitarist has 7 guitars. Anything less than that, and you're being VERY responsible - one might even use the word "austere".

4. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    It's a good place to be. Be grateful.

5. I have a lot of basses and go through waves when I play certain ones more than others depending on gigs or current projects. I do try to keep them all in rotation and give them all some love. These daze it is my guitars that never get played by me anymore, they just don't feel right any more. I keep them more for guests to play and for recording.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    That's a joke, right? This is TB after all :roflmao:

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have 4 and they all get gig, rehearsal and practice time. They all work quite well and they make me happy.

8. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Heavy Rotation® : "It's A Good Thing!"

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021