1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever have a bass that you just LIKE to play???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I like all my basses. I've spent a lot of time picking the ones that work and I'm happy with my collection. The interesting thing is that the cheapest one is one I really dig playing.

[​IMG]

My G&L Tribute 2500 is strung with LaBella 760FL flatwounds and I LOVE playing this thing! I realize that a G&L is not a P-Bass but man, it cops a great "P-Bass on Steroids" tone. Fat, bassy, buttery, and pillowy -- especially in passive mode and the neck pickup selected. If I need to cut, I can go active and/or go series and/or switch to the neck or BOTH pickups.

Like many others, I really, REALLY like this bass. A lot of people play it for all the tonal variety but I like how it gives me a P-like tone that I can use on my gig.

It's not the most expensive or the sexiest bass I own and it sure isn't the Talkbass fanboy favorite but I really dig playing it.

2. 5string5fingers

5string5fingers Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Tifton,Georgia
    My green p bass. I'm really sad when I have to switch over to my 5 string cause I want to play it for everything. stupid tunings.

3. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Rob Allen Mouse. Absolute blast to play.

mf-1.jpg

4. My 2005 Fender Am Jazz. One of the best ive ever played!!! and ive played alot of jazz basses

5. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Yup, this battle tested and proven SX. Love it to bits.

[​IMG]

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Pedulla Series 2 5'er. My first 5. It gets more love than my Tobias Classic 5,Basic 5 and Stambaugh 5. I love them all but it's the one.

7. DynaFlow

DynaFlow

Mar 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My '01 American Series Jazz with ash body and maple board. Whenever I lay eyes on it, it's like it subconsciously whispers in my head "play me....play me....play me...."

8. Samsound

Samsound

Sep 28, 2010
    My '04 Ibanez SR400 (older body style). Strung with Chromes, and it just sounds like magic, no matter how I twist the knobs. I have a newer 405 with rounds that just doesn't measure up to my ears. Maybe it's the different EQ circuit, the different strings, or different body wood, but I heavily prefer the old 400 unless I absolutely NEED the 5th string.

9. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    It's this one, painted, refretted and set up by Mike Lull - it plays very well, sounds nice unplugged and has a nicely matched set of pickups 8 and 9k.

thunderbirds006.jpg

10. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Austin, TX
    my Warmoth Jag. it's easily the best bass I've ever played.

11. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Both my basses. After 20+ basses in the last 24 months, I have two I love. '99 Stingray and '10 MIA P-bass.

12. bignus

bignus

May 4, 2010
    pittsburgh
  13. Yes.
    When I go to practice I think, “I’ll start with this bass and then practice with that one” the problem is any one I pick up I don’t want to stop playing.

This is why I keep them.

MM

14. Thundar

Thundar Don't talk old to me Supporting Member

My Kramer Spector NS-2C's....still my faves after all these years.

NS2-Cs.jpg

15. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    My fretless MIM Jazz. Total delight.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I like playing my Precision Bass. It just feels good and I can always get the sound I want.

17. SMILEYSIXX

SMILEYSIXX

Dec 29, 2009
    My '84 Squier Precision. I have more emotional attachment to this bass than any other bass I think I may ever own.

Attached Files:

18. rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Aug 24, 2010
    559d2788-6d50-4873-98a9-f2609a39df44.jpg (not mine, just illustrative)

my epiphone eb-3... despite the bad designed bridge, despite that I can't slap it, despite the fretting issues that make me play it with the highest action possible and despite the awful neck dive.... it's a very fun bass to play and i love the way it GROWLS!!!

19. My 07 MIA Deluxe with Bad Ass III strung with Marcus Millers.

Attached Files:

20. tdoody

tdoody

Sep 5, 2008
    i love my G&l jb2. with nordstrand NV4 pups it fits great, sounds great, and plays like butter.