Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever have that feeling..........your looking back and...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Aug 8, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

You ever look at the things you work really hard at.....if it be a relationship, making better of yourself, achieving a sense of direction, becoming a more happy and complete person etc.

Or your looking around to make sure your heading in the right direction in your life. Then you realize your lost!!

You check to see if you are making it closer to what you want in life, then you notice your farther away then you were ever before, further away then when you first started.

Or even worst you realize that all your strengths are really your weakness'.

I think I will be missing for awhile.

2. aww... not you too odie. :( :bawl:

3. Im scared that Ill turn around and see John Turner:eek: ....

:D

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I'm afraid to find out I may BE John Turner!!!

:D Mike:D

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Lumps of life, everyone goes through them.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Nope. Can't say that I have... but good luck... er... something.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mike, according to the line directly under your handle, you've already suffered a worse fate!

:eek:

;)

Odie, you've got a PM - we're here for ya if and when you need us buddy.

8. To not be a dick from my last post, you can pm me too. I probably couldn't help you as well as some of the people here, but im there if you need. YOU MY BOY ODIE!:D

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ohhhhh I've been there. I am kinda there. I was just looking through my high school yearbook (well my girlfriends, I didn't buy one because I hated high school :quoteunquote:) But it was a bummer. There were so many squandered relationships with friends, potential girlfriends, activities, etc. All because I was afraid to be myself.

And now in college I feel I'm screwing up again, except this time, what I'm doing with my life. I should be a music major. I'm whole heartedly a music guy, I'm half assed a photo guy. :( :bawl:

Man, I guess life does suck. Get better Odie.

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I've always thought that life is like a sea and it's your job to steer the boat where you want it to go - going with the currents or negotiating against the winds, and sometimes finding out that it's a different port where you want to head to..

G'luck, matey.

11. i hate getting them in my soup too:p

12. one lump or two? :p

:D:D

Merls

13. Life would be easier if we could have a practice run or two before shooting for score, eh? At least you are taking the effort to examine your life and path. It can be an unsettling feeling, but hopefully you will find your mental footing again quickly. Hopefully, it isn't really as bad as it may seem at the moment...

Fare well on your quest. TB will still be here (with the same subjects and "use search!" replies as today!) when you return.

Why am I seeing the old Garfield "Punt...Splutt!" comic strips in my mind while typing this though... :p

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Yes, at least on most counts! To be honest, I'm still working on rectifying some of them too, that's just it, life is DIY!

Take care and good luck Odie, you were there for me once before when I needed some advice - feel free to PM me! Not sure of what I can do, but I'll do what I can!:)

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D we all have a little john turner inside of us.

except mrs. john turner. she has a lot more :eek: :D

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey odie, take as much time as you need, i gotcha back :)

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    As long as it doesn't mean I gotta be a chekist or have that goofy haircut! :p

;)

Delusions of grandeur, my friend, delusions of grandeur...

:D

Odie, again, let me know if there's anything I can do for you - check your PM's.

18. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    All the time Odie. Seems every time I think Im relitivly close to getting what I want in life or where I wanna be in life, something comes along and kicks me 100 miles back from the original starting point.

As for all my strengths being weakness' some are, some arent. The ones that are a weakness I still consider a strength because it keeps me from getting taking advantage of by others.

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I don't know if this is encouraging but, you don't have to be "on" 100% of the time. That's what ups and downs are. The downs don't have to be blue either.

Good Luck. :bassist:

20. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    You ever look at the things you work really hard at.....if it be a relationship, making better of yourself, achieving a sense of direction, becoming a more happy and complete person etc
    Hey Buddy, take care of yourself. F everybody else until you get yourself on track. Sometimes it seems like everything I do is to please somebody else. Sometimes I feel like I just want to go live in a tent out in the woods for a year. I guess the batteries would wear down and I would be screwed. Good luck man. Don't keep ***t to yourself, you got friends here.