Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever heard of a Seiwa Rockman bass by Ibanez?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by natrab, Mar 1, 2004.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Neither had I, however I just bought one on a whim. Damn me being an impulse buyer and having an extra $100 laying around in my Paypal account. Anyways, if it turns out to be a POS then it'll at least be a good project bass for me to practice working on.

I had it on my watch list and just noticed it was about to go so I jumped on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=38080&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

I found one review for it on harmony central that was pretty decent:
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Seiwa/Rockman-Series-Bass-01.html

Well call me an idiot if you want or else tell me what you know about this bass. I know Ibanez has made a few other Japanese knockoff basses under strange names. Well now I have me one.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Never heard of it, but what the hell - like you said, it can be a project bass for that cheap.

I snagged an old Kent Jazz bass copy off of ebay last week for less than a hundred as well and it's gonna be my project.

3. My dad has a Seiwa guitar from the 80's. And he broke the neck off it, and got a replacement neck from Electra.

Good to know that Seiwa was owned by Ibanez.

Decent sounding guitar too.

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Well I did finally get it (actually a couple weeks ago), but I'm digging up this thread to show you guys pictures. It's actually a very nice bass. I've really enjoyed playing it and after I set it up it played pretty darn well (still not as good as my fender but nice enough :p).

Here's some pics for ya:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since it's already got a couple stickers on it, I might just make it my sticker bass :bassist:

6. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

The more stickers, the more your punk will rock. Sorry, I am tired.

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Actually there seems to be an issue with the pickup. I was thinking of replacing it anyway, but oh well. On the E string it seems to have very little volume or treble. I tried raising the pole but it didn't do much. I'm thinking of modding it a bit and putting an MM style humbucker in it.