Ever heard of the Raveonettes?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by carl-anton, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Hi!
    Just wanted to see if anyone have heard of The Raveonettes. It's a new danish band that has been signed to Universal, and are claimed to be the biggest thing in rock for 2003 by Q-Magazine and Rolling Stone. Is just in Denmark the hype is high, or has it reached other parts of the world? I must admit shamefully that I haven't got their record, but heard a few numbers. It's good and raw, clearly in the same vein as new rock bands like The White Stripes, Hives, Vines or whatever. I like it!

2. My sister downloaded some of their songs, so they must be relatively well-known on the Junior High level. I haven't listened to the tracks yet.

Is anyone else really tired of music magazines proclaiming the "saviors of rock" for every frickin' band that comes down the pipe?
  3. Yeah, I am. Sorry to fuel the fire :rolleyes:

...but since their danish, I'd like to hear if others heard about them. We're not excactly known for producing international rock acts! Greatest selling thing ever to come out of DK is Aqua!!
  4. Yeah, I'd be kinda anxious in that position too, they're not bad, I expect they'll go some places and have a jolly good time in the process.

ahhh, happy endings.