1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever heard of the Sanford Bluebeard Fuzz by Electro Harmonix?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deathblooms1941, Aug 20, 2007.

1. deathblooms1941

deathblooms1941

Aug 20, 2007
    I don't know if this effect pedal is a customized version or not but does any one listen to Mastodon cause the bass player Troy Sanders has a pedal called the Sanford Bluebeard Fuzz. It has a sweet tone to it that I want really badly and would like to know where to buy it if it is available. Does anyone one know of this?:help:

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    http://www.atomicmusiconline.com/bluebeard.asp

Last time I checked that was the only place you could get one. It is an amazing pedal! It reminds me of the EHX Little Big Muff how it retains the low end but the Bluebeard has dirt and grit something fierce to it that I just ain't come across anywhere else yet. Was it worth spending $160 as opposed to $70 for the LBM? ....?

And you gotta remember, Troy lets his Ampegs do most of the talking for him the majority of the time. "March of the Fire Ants" though...damn that's some nice fuzz!

PS - if you do order one, it will be shipped in a box, inside of a zip-loc baggie with no markings or labels on it whatsoever. And I do regret selling mine :(

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Since Spanky and Bongo (not to mention MysticBoo) seemed to have abdicated their duties, I'll go ahead and tell you to do a search. There have been a couple threads discussing this pedal in the past, but none of them have been all that helpful.

What I can tell you is that this is not an Electro-Harmonix pedal. I believe it is a modded clone of 70's era Big Muffs.

Here is the web page from atomic music about the Bluebeard.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Hmm, too slow again. It looks like NKUSigEp beat me to the punch.

For the record, I haven't used the Bluebeard. I have used a modded Big Muff and a LBM though. Both gave me great tones when practicing but I often was lost in the mix when playing with a distorted guitar or two.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I've got a life, you know! :p

Welcome to the "Do-a-Search" mafia, BTW :D

6. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Allow me to be the Bluebeard Whore that I am :smug: The Bluebeard is built to order by Greg "Sonny" Simpson,who is one of the nicest guys youcould ever hope to talk to. Its sounds like a really smooth, rich Big Muff...minus the low end loss! Super smooth taper to the tone knob, assloads-o-sustain...who could ask for anything more? Do I think it's worth the $160? It's the sole survivor of my fuzz turnover habit and it was worth every penny! The only regret I'd ever have is if I sold it.

Just my $.02

7. +1