Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever hit one of your fans' car?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Koushaku, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Well, I did last night. One of our dedicated fans that comes out to almost every show just bought a new BLACK Honda Civic. She didn't want to park her car on the street because she was afraid someone would hit it, so our vocalist said, "Why don't you park in that corner spot next to our cars, and don't worry about boxing us in, we're not leaving til late."

The thing is, I had a younger friend of mine who I had brought to the show, and she was already a little worried about getting in trouble for being out so late because the show ran so long. So, after our set I packed up the equipment I needed to bring home, and decided to leave with my friend rather than stick around for the last band(not that the last band was bad or anything, I just didn't want my friend getting in trouble.) We start backing out and I end up denting our band friend's new car in the bumper. It's only cosmetic, but I imagine it'll still be a couple hundred dollars.

It's tough, you know? Black honda civic parked at the opposite angle to my old 88 Ford Bronco II, at 11 something at night, almost midnight, the one street lamp was blocked out by large tree branches in the corner we parked in, I was packed with equipment so my rear view was obstructed, not to mention I was tired and sick with something.

At least, after the first five minutes of freaking out because the car is only 3 days old, our friend calmed down a bit and apologized for yelling. I told her, if they take her old bumper off or something, she should ask for it and I can sign it for her, then she can save it and put it up on ebay when we "make it big" and she laughed, and we all joked for a couple hours waiting for the city police to show up to write our report. Neither of us are going through our insurance companies cause we're still young, about 19 each, and that costs too much. So I'm just going to sacrifice getting the new acoustic bass or the new amp I was looking at to pay to fix her dent.

The only other thing I had to tell her was, "How often do you get hit by one of your favorite bands?"

By the way, my tank of a vehicle didn't have a scratch, but between all the dents, rust, and dirt on my vehicle that's almost as old as I am, I don't think you could have noticed.

2. ha...good think she took it well.

3. My guitarist ran into my car once. I don't know what the hell he was thinking, but he just casually backed into my car like he does it everyday. Of course, he hadn't noticed he was on a collision course until it actually hit. I was like yelling and waving my arms at him while he was backing up and *BAM* right into my car. After noticing, he pulls forward and I inspect my car. To my surprise, not a scratch or dent to be seen, but hes missing a piece of his bumper. Good old dodge stratus.