Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever just get desperate for a cough drop/lozenge?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 31, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So desperate you're just scouring buckets and places you haven't looked in for years and violently trying to peel off permanantly stuck wrappers from some absurd piece of something that may or may not be a throat lozenge that you found under the cushion of your couch?

Yeah..I'm sick. I've already got a sub lined up for tomorrow and I've got a lozenge in my mouth that is of indeterminate age and origin. It feels good.

brad cook

2. That's funny man. I'm sick too, just started feeling it today. I don't have the soar throat yet, just sinus headache and stuffy nose. I think that come tomorrow, I'll be in the same position you are....except that I have a nice new bag of Halls in my kitchen.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Nope.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    No, I don't use cough drops, those things are bad for you.

I prefer NyQuil....I try to take a bottle at a time so it really rids the sore throat and if i'm lucky enough, I get some hallucinations too.

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Licorice root or ginger root work great for coughs or runny noses. If you can find it, lobelia works best.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No worse for you than any other hard candies. The purpose is not to medicate but to keep the throat moist and doctors often recommend it. I'm not talking about the kind with the analgesic (or whatever it's called) that kind of numbs your throat or something.

However, if you get the lozenges with the zinc I believe there is actually some good evidence out there that zinc helps your body fight colds. The same cannot be said for echinacha, another popular remedy on the store shelves.

Last night though, I just needed something to keep my throat moist.

brad cook

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I was joking, goober. Who in their right mind would take a whole bottle of NyQuil?

8. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I've had a few cases where I just ate a cough drop because I like how they taste :eyebrow:

Hall's Ice Blue...amazing

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, yeah...well the two were not necessarily connected. :spit:

brad cook

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Don't get jealous, I'm just working on my Qintar mind tricks.

:D

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Can't say that I have.

-Mike