1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever loose Bass in a PAWNSHOP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mward69, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    I think about this about once a week, and it happened 18 years ago. I was 19, a kid down the road had a tobacco sunburst 1968 Fender Jazz, still had the bridge cover and old flatwounds on it. I guess his dad gave it to him. He wanted my old Washburn bass because it "sounded" like a rock bass. I was like a crackhead chasing a dealer for that deal. Unfortunetley I was young and made a few bad choices and was on probation. So I pawn it to pay some fines up to current. Went to jail anyway and lost it....I still get pissed about it, as I am sure the father of that other kid is pissed with him. I guess it was Karma since I knew I was getting the "better" deal with the trade.

2. Considering in good condition, that bass is worth upwards of $2500 today (I have a blonde 68 Telecaster so I know how precious they can be) I would say that it was an unfortunate choice on your part that you had to sell it, but you were getting a HUGE better deal than that kid, a freaking Washburn! haha

3. I pawned a bass once. never doing that again.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021