Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever me anyone so touchy as the female lead singer I am about to tell you about?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    She refused to do diva style music like Mariah Carrey and Celine Dion. She also refused to do bubblegum like Britteny Spears and Christina Aguillera. Cool.
    She also refused to do songs sang by men.
    She wanted suggestions on what to sing. I told her maybe some Stevie Nicks or Pat Benetar. She flew off the handle and told me, "how dare you group me with people like that!" Ok, woman, what the hell do you want to sing then? The guy in the band who could sing told her he would sing the male songs. She then said, what am I supposed to do when you are singing. He then asked did she even play an instrument. She went nuts. "are you insinuating I can't play anything?" She then said she played the flute in high school. I said "fine, you know any Jethro Tull?" She screamed and ran out of the room. I quit the band.

2. MY GOODNESS! That's absolutely horrible! *smack* hahaha Sometimes people just need a nice smack! uch! why did you take her for the gig? Maybe you should have had her sing what she sang to get the gig! =X horrible situation man.. sorry to hear it

3. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

We have a girl in the band i play with but DAMM !!!! Melissa Etheridge has cool bass lines, Sheryl Crow has some cool songs ( keep on growing is cool ) heart ? but she should know what she can sing, No Doubt ? sounds like she my need a boyfriend or girlfriend not a band !

4. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Won't do Celine, Mariah, Brittany, Christina, Stevie, Pat, or anythning by a guy...

Well what DOES she sing????

Just goes to show that knuckleheads come in all shapes, sizes, colors and genders...

5. Sounds to me that she saved you and bandmates a whole bunch of time to waste on other things...like stupid posts or god forbid a bit-o-practice.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You quit the band? I take it she 's doing the owner of the PA (band leader). Otherwise, how'd she even get past the audition?

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Y'know, JWC, it seems like you always end up hanging out with some seriously dysfunctional people. Dorky people, even. Is that spelled disfunctional? Whatever.

8. She might not do diva style music, but she shure got the Diva attitude down pat.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Claydirnt is right...

You'd think that with that sorta additude, she'd have something to back it up...guess not. Ever see the VH1 movie "Out of Sync?" yep...

10. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    She ended up during our only gig getting into a shouting match we me on the side of the stage because I wanted to close the show with one song and her the other. Guess who won?

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Ha Ha exactly.... You did the right thing JWC. The band should have been the ones running out the door screaming! Love the Tull comment too, good work!

12. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    you should have screwed her and then told her you don't usually "do" screaming harpies permanently on their periods :D

13. maybe she was into portishead. their singer is my absolute favorite female singer.

14. Munji.

Dys....Dis, Either/or

foget abot it, we know whatcha mean.

15. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    and you should go stick your head down a hole.

16. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    hehe chill a little bit, BrokenHymen .. :p
    what're you, some hardcore feminist or something ? 'twas a joke ! :oops:

17. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Joke, yeah. Poor taste, yeah. That's all.

18. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Feminist jokes are ok. People are just too easily offended these days. No wonder we have so many lawsuits, etc.

19. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I find that remark offensive.

;)

20. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    sorry. I'm just a bit touchy. I have had so much bull from guys I don't take those kinda jokes very well even if they're not directed towards me. It's hard to forget when someone "does" you and then shouts at you calling you a stupid w hore over and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.