Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever notice that MusicMan...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    has the absolute crappiest colored basses? I was looking a a wall full of them the other day and was shocked. Puke green, Rust, Tarnish, Faded Turqois... even Mr. Bovine's beautiful dark green bongo, like while I could appreciate it... is in it's essence, ummm.... a bit extravagant?

Yeah, I'm jealous. So what.

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hahaha. An entire thread started from...ENVY? Ohoho. Man, I'm clever.

Have you seen the red sparkle and/or blue sparkle finishes? The red is called Burnt Apple, I think. Amazing, amazing finishes -- totally and utterly gorgeous. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure both of them were discontinued!

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    My Sterling is blue sparkle. Yeah - they discontinue the only colors they had that looked any good. :spit: I REALLY loved the black sparkle, and they discontinued that.

Can someone with the power to do so fix Mucisman in the title... although it does seem rather freudian. Shouldda be mucousman. :)

2 smiles in one short post. :meh: 3.

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    :scowl: :scowl: :scowl:

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    !! I didn't even know they made black sparkle!

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

so you liked the black sparkle, i think that you just like horrible colors and hate those that are common.
    I prefer the stingray 5 natural black guard with mapple fingerboard

7. Casey has this really sweet custom Ray at his house. The Finish is Green Sparkle w/ Red Sparkle Flames. Pretty sweet finish on it. If I remember to take the camera to practice today, I'll snap a couple pics. His brother has a fretless Sterling in Burnt Apple I believe, gorgeous color, but sadly they did discontinue it.

8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    My Bongo is white, one Sterling is pearl blue, and the other is black. All sweet colors. I will admit that in stores, especially GC, the color options are sometimes grim. GC seems to get lots of orange MM/EB basses, and I really don't like that color. A friend of mine was recently griping about "urine" colored MMs. Either MM/EB has lots of left-over orange paint or GC's main buyer is color blind!

9. Perfection :cool: .

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Personally, I think you're all crazy.

11. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    [​IMG]

12. come on, music man basses don't only sound great, they look great, and there's a finish for everyone. I myself have the natural finish with black PG, it looks killer :D

13. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I have to admit I really like the trans orange. But I wish I they did have sparkle finishes again. Or, look at it like this, they still offer the more traditonal colors (blacks, whites, sunburst, etc), then these crazier type ones on top of that. Let's see how many options you get with Fender.

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Never seen a sunburst MM. It might actually be one burst/turtleshell combo I don't want to vomit on.

15. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Never seen a MM burst?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then there's burnt apple:

[​IMG]

Any complaints?

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...but, that's my favorite MM flavor yet.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah. It's not mine. I'll give you $10 and a bag of chips for it.

18. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    The Orange MMs are beautiful.Nice and trans with either a white or black Pg and a maple board.Sex

19. I remembered to bring the camera over to Casey's, so Ill snap a couple pics of the coolest paint job on a Ray.

20. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    My blue dawn 'Ray 5 is gorgeous...too bad most of it is covered by the pickguard, but the back is awesome! ;-) Blue dawn is a royal blue in the center, bursting out to a dark black/violet on the edges.