1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever order a Japanese Fender Online?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist15, Apr 10, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I was looking at somw CIJ FEnder basses online and they look really nice for a really great price but I was wondering if anyone here had ordered one , I wasnt sure if I should jsut trust ordering it from online without playing it.

2. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    from what I've hear japanese quality control is really good, but that won't really comfort you if you get a lemon.

3. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The chances of getting a lemon from Japan is far far less then getting one, say from Musiciansfriend.com (which I did). Most of the Japanese sites are not huge warehouses like musiciansfriend.com, they are music stores that do online sales. So they actually see the bass before it is shipped, not some warehouse guy picking it off a shelf.

My Fender '62 Reissue JAzz fretless was perfect right out of the box. No setup required! If I were to get another Fender, I would not think twice about ordering one from Japan.

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I bought a block inlay P from Guitarjapan. A GREAT experience! They take Paypal, they pack very carefully, and I had it within one week. The bass is very well crafted, had a great setup, and, in my opinion, better than any current American offering.

5. predmachine

predmachine

Feb 23, 2006
    I bought a Mustang from Fender Japan and it was perfect. Even the set up was perfect---and I'm a Psycho regarding setup; I want perfect intonation with no fret buzz etc. I would do it again in a second. However, there is a small possibility of getting a dog as other people have said---given that, I'd still do it again if I couldn't find the particular model in my area.

6. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
    I bought a '57RI P off Ishibashi, it arrived in 3 days and all I had to do was lower the action a bit to my liking and it was good to go. Great fit and finish... couldn't ask for better service. I paid via CC (which will take about a month to clear) so YMMV with the exchange rates there.