Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever see one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderbroom, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

Original Fretless T-40

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    not the fretless version but I have played on several fretted versions.. they are neat and heavy

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    very heavy, good tone considering the low price. that looks kind of like a fretless conversion, it's hard to tell... :confused:

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They're actually VERY good basses. I've only played the fretted version though.

5. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    It is a fretless (look under the picture).

I just bought this a few days ago. I've never seen one but understand Peavey made them from 82-87. It is a great, great instrument.

6. I think what FNA meant was that it looks like it was originally fretted, and subsequently defretted and the fretslots filled-
    hence what look like lines in the fretboard (a factory lined fretless would have light-coloured lines), and face dot markers fitted centrally as on a fretted are rarely used on original factory fretless basses.

7. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    It's original. I sent the serial number to Peavey to verify before I bought it.

[​IMG]

8. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    Here's a closeup of the fretboard:

[​IMG]

9. :oops: I stand corrected - the FL designation seals it.

looks like the lines have just become dark through playing.
    are those flatwounds?