Ever see the Ibanez BTB1205EZWNTF ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4x4Given, Nov 3, 2005.

1. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I really like the look (Zebrawood). Have no idea about the quality, sound or feel. Price is high (for me), but I might consider selling some things to get it if it is actually a decent bass.

FWIW I've been playing an Alvarez AEB5C for about 5 years now, in church bands and been quite happy with it (other than how it looks) and it was only $400.

No way I can afford a Ken Smith BSR 5PE.

Opinions? Sarcasm? Flames? Encouragement?
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I would bust my but to play one first so you can decide if it is worthwhile for you. As a rule Ibanez makes some really nice gear. If you decide it is for you and you can afford it - go for it!
  3. *Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    I am quite interested knowing where i can get the limited edition soundgear ones from.
  4. I played a higher end Ibanez BTB1000 series bass last year in a music shoppe in Perth and it won the prize for me for the best bass I played that day...

I just really, really dug the feel, the tones, the tight punchiness...very good bass...(too much $$$$, however). I'm a shoestring budget muso...
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats a long model name
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Ask for it by name.:D

So... has Ibanez recovered from that post 1987 slump? Are they a good company again?
  7. Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    I used to have a Soundgear 5 string, and the neck and 'B' were poo. Played a BTB when they came out, and I was smitten until I found my Lakland. The BTB series is the only Ibanez 5 I'd consider buying now.

Joe Bob says check it out.
  8. +1 other than ATK's (a whole different planet of basses for Ibanez)...I never met an Ibanez I liked until BTB...
  9. The RKB900 is -my- bass.

Every other Ibanez... decent. None quite like Konoha.
  10. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I would expect it to be an excelletn bass. The Soundgear and BTB lines comiing out in recent years have been of excellent quality and value. I ahve been thoroughly impressed at every level with the BTB line. the SRX line is very good for the money as well. I think most of the people still throwing mud a Ibanez haven't played many of the basses they have made in the last 4 or 5 years.
  11. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the replies, y'all! It's encouraging. I just hope I can find one to check out.
  12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Just bought a new SR905CNF this week.

I never thought that I'd ever buy an Ibanez bass seeing that i'm a good old vintage bass guy. But this instrument is outstanding in every way.

Excellent value for the money!

13. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    No kidding. I saw the thread title, and assumed the thread was making fun of Ibanez's already vague and over-complicated model naming system. :eek:
  14. Ibanez BTB 1205E ZebraWoodNaTuralFinsih ?

Anyways, i love ibanez basses, never liked the SR's much tbh, I think my BTB is great, and its only a 406QM, love my EDA905 (i can understand it not being everyones cup of tea tho, with the shape and sound) and i have an ATK400 en-route :D

It should be a great bass!
  15. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Love the BTBZNF, not that expensive, about $1100 street price I think, I may be wrong but I know Im close. It also comes in a six string. Dont like the gold hardware for thi six, looks kinda cheesy.
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    For that price you are nickels and dimes away from a stingray. easy choice for me.
  17. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
    I just got a 95' SR1205 off ebay for $500 and it is an awesome bass. Great look and playabilty and very versitile tone.
  18. Where on earth is this bass sold? I can only find the soundgear version at SamAsh.
  19. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    I really like the sr prestige series. I played a sr1005 and a sr3000 (I think) both with bartolini pickups and mahogany bodies. They are very fine. Smaller neck may be a boon for some people too.