Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever see the Ibanez BTB1205EZWNTF ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4x4Given, Nov 3, 2005.

1. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I really like the look (Zebrawood). Have no idea about the quality, sound or feel. Price is high (for me), but I might consider selling some things to get it if it is actually a decent bass.
    [​IMG]

FWIW I've been playing an Alvarez AEB5C for about 5 years now, in church bands and been quite happy with it (other than how it looks) and it was only $400.
    [​IMG]

No way I can afford a Ken Smith BSR 5PE.
    [​IMG]

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/Ibanez/PR/Limited-Basses.html

Opinions? Sarcasm? Flames? Encouragement?

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I would bust my but to play one first so you can decide if it is worthwhile for you. As a rule Ibanez makes some really nice gear. If you decide it is for you and you can afford it - go for it!

3. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    I am quite interested knowing where i can get the limited edition soundgear ones from.

4. I played a higher end Ibanez BTB1000 series bass last year in a music shoppe in Perth and it won the prize for me for the best bass I played that day...

I just really, really dug the feel, the tones, the tight punchiness...very good bass...(too much $$$$, however). I'm a shoestring budget muso...

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats a long model name

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Ask for it by name.:D

So... has Ibanez recovered from that post 1987 slump? Are they a good company again?

7. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I used to have a Soundgear 5 string, and the neck and 'B' were poo. Played a BTB when they came out, and I was smitten until I found my Lakland. The BTB series is the only Ibanez 5 I'd consider buying now.

Joe Bob says check it out.

8. +1 other than ATK's (a whole different planet of basses for Ibanez)...I never met an Ibanez I liked until BTB...

9. The RKB900 is -my- bass.

Every other Ibanez... decent. None quite like Konoha.

10. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I would expect it to be an excelletn bass. The Soundgear and BTB lines comiing out in recent years have been of excellent quality and value. I ahve been thoroughly impressed at every level with the BTB line. the SRX line is very good for the money as well. I think most of the people still throwing mud a Ibanez haven't played many of the basses they have made in the last 4 or 5 years.

11. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the replies, y'all! It's encouraging. I just hope I can find one to check out.

12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Just bought a new SR905CNF this week.

I never thought that I'd ever buy an Ibanez bass seeing that i'm a good old vintage bass guy. But this instrument is outstanding in every way.

Excellent value for the money!

TD
    :hyper:

13. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    No kidding. I saw the thread title, and assumed the thread was making fun of Ibanez's already vague and over-complicated model naming system. :eek:

14. Ibanez BTB 1205E ZebraWoodNaTuralFinsih ?

Anyways, i love ibanez basses, never liked the SR's much tbh, I think my BTB is great, and its only a 406QM, love my EDA905 (i can understand it not being everyones cup of tea tho, with the shape and sound) and i have an ATK400 en-route :D

It should be a great bass!

15. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Love the BTBZNF, not that expensive, about $1100 street price I think, I may be wrong but I know Im close. It also comes in a six string. Dont like the gold hardware for thi six, looks kinda cheesy.

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    For that price you are nickels and dimes away from a stingray. easy choice for me.

17. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
    I just got a 95' SR1205 off ebay for $500 and it is an awesome bass. Great look and playabilty and very versitile tone.

18. Where on earth is this bass sold? I can only find the soundgear version at SamAsh.

19. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I really like the sr prestige series. I played a sr1005 and a sr3000 (I think) both with bartolini pickups and mahogany bodies. They are very fine. Smaller neck may be a boon for some people too.