Ever seen on of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, May 20, 2002.

1. Ibanez goes les-paul wannabe ? :eek:
  2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Could that actually be four individual volumes, with the gold knob being a master tone?

Look at the E string tuner- looks like a Friday afternoon assembly-
  3. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    That guy has been selling cheapo basses on ebay for as long as I can remember, and they all have the EXCACT SAME description.

But yeah, those pickups are really funky.
  4. It is four individual volume knobs.

The gold knob is probably master tone, but I can't tell.

The tuner is an easy fix, though.

This guy has a few of these on auction, and people are bidding on them. I just thought the pick up config was unique. Why four jazz instead of 2 humbuckers?

Other than that, I think it's a good looking bass, just never heard of Lark.

My wife would kill me if I got it though. :rolleyes:
    After all, I've only bought two basses, a guitar, assembled a frankenbass, and started building a bass from scratch this year. What could one more hurt? ;)
  5. Well, he did say he picked up 40 of them at close out.

But come to think of it, you're right. I have seen this guy selling other basses he bought at close out. Are there really that many cheapo bass companies going out of business?
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought one of those one time, on a lark.
  7. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I saw the same auctions a while ago. I was really interested in the pup confing. It kinda looks like it would be a fun bass to own if the price where right.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  9. :rolleyes:

Mike J. :D
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guilty as charged!

Besides, if I not me, someone else would've.
  11. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Lark is also the name of the company that makes those scooters for old folks.
  12. Yeah, and Yamaha makes motorcycles, :D so what are you trying to say. ;)
  13. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX

I have always had the urge to buy one of these $50 basses off of ebay, and then save it for some Saturday night gig with a good crowd. Save it for the last set, last song when we are playing "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down or something similar. Pull that bass out, play the song, and then do my Who impression. SMASH! BAM! End of bass, and I bet people would come out the next time just to see if I would do it again. Or maybe get the guitar player to get an el-cheapo also, and we could do a Garth Brooks guitar smash thing.

Cheap thrills are the best.:)
  14. Yes, cheap basses are always fun.

I bought a $50 eBay special, tossed some EMGs in it, suped it up, and now all it needs is a good set of strings and a setup.

All in all, I've payed less than $100 for this bass, and it's turned out really nice. I really don't care what the name on the headstock is, unique basses that sell for cheap are great.