Ever seen (or heard) one of these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Anyone even played or owned a Dean Markley RM-400-SB 400 Watt Bass Amp? Please let me know what you think/thought of it.

Thanks much!
    Fred

2. Quadzilla

Bumpedy bump:D :D :D

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    never heard of it.

4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I played one and did not like the tone. This was several years ago. Although, it was with a subpar cab and bass...so...

The whole sound was just kinda muffled and midrangy...

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have the RM-150SB. OK amp, nothing special. I'd say it's similar to a Peavey or Crate amp.

If you could get it CHEAP it might be worth having, I wouldn't pay over $200 for the 400.

6. Quadzilla

Arrrrgggggg, Paid $269. Thought it was a good deal for a high wattage amp.... Damn!:mad:

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Does it sound good to you? If so than id say you got your moneys worth.;)

8. UberDork

UberDork

Oct 2, 2005
    Hey Quad I have an rm-400-sb and other than the noise of the cooling fan, which is very minimal, I like it. Its got lots of power and I actually find it easy to coax many tones out of it with the onboard 4band EQ. I just played a show on it last night. The room was boomy and washy so i just turned around and cranked up the 400. It fit right in under the guitar and right on top of the kick drum quite nicely. I play an Ibanez RB800 with it so I can get pretty much any tone I want. I've played everything from country to Primus on the thing. I'm selling it though :( cuz I'm moving :) So if anyone is interested, it will be on eBay for the next 7 days. (shameless plug) Hope my review is a help.

Pros: Power, versatile EQ, ground switch and limiter built into face. Effects send/recieve with volume controls (thats a cool feature actually). Effects footswitch, Power amp input. AC outlet on back (this shows its age)
    Cons: Cooling fan is a bit noisy. DI is a preamp out that, when plugged in, cancels the cabinet sound, so you need a DI box. Its quite heavy and unwieldy.