1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever 'think' you know the lyrics?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by funkingroovin, Jun 1, 2012.

1. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    C'mon..who hasn't thought Elton John was singing "Hold me close now Tony Danza" or wondered why someone would be blinded by the light,then wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night? Well,I'm guilty..

I found this and laughed..I'll never remember the song any other way now..:p http://www.wimp.com/ofortuna/

2. nashman

nashman

Feb 11, 2011
    I'm going to date myself, but when I was going to University in the mid 70's, my friend/roommate had a tape - an 8-track! - with assorted songs. I was reading the list in his car one day and I told him he had misspelled one of the song names. Turns out I was wrong. I always thought the Blue Oyster Cult song/lyrics were "Don't Fear the Reefer" - and was kind of disappointed when I found out that was not the case :eyebrow:

3. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    This is my wife, to a TEE (but it's endearing, if you ask me!)

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    My fiancee used to think the words to "Hot Blooded" was....

Do you do modern dance?

5. This thread will be hilarious when people chime in.

6. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    It took me 20 years to realize that "sweet-a-jha-hika" was "Sweet Hitch-Hiker"
    Creedance

Same with Bruce Springsteen's "Hot Devil With A Freeze-Eye"

LOL!

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I had a friend who thought Steve Miller was saying "put ole Jed in a line-up, don't carry me too far away".

8. plainman

plainman

Apr 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    When I was about 20 I showed up at a jam with some friends and got co-opted into singing "Stairway to Heaven", which included my interpretation: "And there's a wino down the road"

9. This is funny so far! My dear mother in law on another Creedence song: "There's a bathroom on the right!" :D

10. LIFE IN THE VASELINE! SURELY MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND!

11. BuzzCanyon

BuzzCanyon

Mar 8, 2011
    I am constantly getting lyrics wrong, must be the way my mind works.

My 13 year-old son recently found out Sweet Home Alabama does not include the line "A southern man gonna beat him around, anyhow."

12. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    ...and possibly some eyesight :bag:

13. A girl I knew in high school, who was a "huge Nine Inch Nails fan", thought the lyrics to "Starf*ckers, Inc" were
    "Starf*ckers get incarcerated"
    Instead of "Starf*ckers Incorporated"... Which is the name of the song.

Also, my mom always thinks they're singing gibberish like "dirdee derr dum de dum da dee"
    When she hears AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap".

Also also.
    For the longest time I thought the lyrics to Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast were
    "In the mist, Darth Vader's movie twist."
    Instead of the actual lyrics "In the mist, dark figures move and twist"

14. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I know of a song by, I believe, Ministry.

The lyrics sound like "Hot Lava Falling on Monkeys Riding Goats"

The actual lyrics?

"Hot Lava Falling on Monkeys Riding Goats"

15. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri

My favorite of all time.

16. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    "that deaf, dumb, and blind kid, sure plays a mean, guitar". That was the result of first hearing the song on crappy AM car radios and old transistor radios, and knowing nothing of the storyline. I finally got the lyric after listen to the whole record on a nice stereo.

17. There is a cover of the Go Go's "Our lips are Sealed" that is done as "Alex The Seal" by an aussie band "Spiderbait". When I was a kid I thought Billy Joel's Big Shot Didn't ya was "Big Shot Big Sh@#".

18. BigOkie

BigOkie

Nov 28, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    "Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile, a girl with colitis goes by. . ."

19. I play in a CCR tribute, and often sing that for the entire song, on purpose. No one ever notices!

20. Who can forget the Deep Purple classic, "Slow Motion Walter, Fire-Engine Guy"?