1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ever tried an SVT through a Genz Benz cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mastermold, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I've never tried my SVT-CL through my GB Uber 410 but I suspect it would sound great -- going to find out tonight but just curious to hear from anyone else who has tried this pairing. How'd it sound?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i've never done it but they both make great stuff. there's a dude on here, main sale, uses two neox 212t's with his svt.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Do you have the 4 or 8 ohm version?

4. It's the 4 ohm. I usually pair it with my Shuttle 9.0 and wanted a single cab that could handle 900 watts. The cab sounds wonderful with the Shuttle and I'm curious to see how it sounds with an SVT cranking through it! :bassist:

5. it sound great! I have the svt cl, svt 410, shuttle6, uber 212, uber 410, and uber 210. lots of fun combinations

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Cool, dont be surprised if you need to turn your tweeter-level down/off if you dial the amp in for a diry-ish tone.

7. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I've run my SVT-II (non-pro) through my Genz 212NeoX cab and it sounds very good.

8. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    I recorded an SVT-II through my old Genz LS-410T cab, their "entry level" cab... it sounded great. The recordings are on the 'net - shoot me a PM if you're interested in hearing them and I'll link you.