every bassist with a guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by x182, Apr 13, 2004.

1. sounds about right

42 vote(s)
  2. WRONG!

19 vote(s)
  1. x182

Mar 22, 2004
    every bassist has a guitar, but not every guitarist has a bass
  2. tenbellies

Dec 17, 2003
  3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    i have a guitar, but i don't play it. I actually started playing guitar then made the switch to bass because it was more fun for me. I was actually starting to get decent on guitar too, now when i pick it up i can't play anything. Seems so small and dinky. I should sell it and put the money towards a new bass.
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am really happy to have been playing bass for a few years now. It has given me an interesting insight to songs and structure that I didn't pay alot of attention to.
    Plus the Bass has given me another venue to write, or at least come up with riffs, or fill ideas to round out tunes.

Every little bit helps.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Seems to be teh other way around in my experience, that is, more often than not, I meet guitar players who "also play bass" or "have a bass" but it seems like most of the bass players I meet, while they might have had a guitar once upon a time, they either don't have one now, or it's like not even a real guitar(think like 6 string ukulele or toy guitar or something)

I don't have a guitar, guess I'm not a bassist.
  6. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    If a guitar player has a bass it will help to make "the song" sound better. Allow him/her to write a more complete song, not just a bass line that plays the root.
  7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    That goes for me but I can't really speak for anyone else.
  8. i though you meant like " Bass guitar " and " Guitar "

so ever bassist has a guitar because its bass guitar but no guitarists have a bass.
  9. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Ahh, the age old question. If all bassists have guitars, do all guitarists have basses? Would anyone else care to debate this, or other mind-wrenching questions over lattes someday?
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I have a guitar, and both of my guitarist buddies have basses. :p
  11. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I have a guitar, unfortunately it has no strings. :(

12. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Then you must ask yourself, is it really a guitar with no strings?
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    By guitar, of course, bass is a guitar..so yea... you are correct. We are the squares, guitarists are the rectangles.
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds more right than wrong. But not worthy of a poll IMO.