Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Every wanted to play dualing basses by yourself

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by annannienann, Oct 25, 2004.

1. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    I was one my own one day and, as you do, I wounder what would it be like to have music daul with myself. Then I went, god speed, to my workshop and i invented the Ampflick Mark 1.

It works by swithing the singal between one amp to another when you press the switch down, by placing the amps at differnt sides of the room and with different effect and EQ setting it sound like to different bass. look see

Pics

2. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    So you "invented" an AB Box? Seems to me that a few people may have beaten ya to it.

I'm just sayin' ;)

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    ok, sure, it has been done before plenty of times, but give the man credit for putting one togather himself instead of buying one- I'm sure plenty of us would have botched the assembly. :D

4. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    Yer come on I am 14, plus working on soming completely new, same amp switching box but with an oscillator, with either set time oscillation, light sensative oscillation, heat oscillation and panning oscillation. that last on is hard because of the different restistons total of amps, you have to set up 2 var. restitor on either out and set them up every time you use a different amp.

No has done that. then the next stage is to oscillate with 4 amps. and that would be cool.

5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Well, annannienann, any stereo panner will do the second thing (see the 4ms "Tremulus Lune [Stereo Panneur version, or whatever it's called]") - or the ol' Ibanez Flying pan, also modeled in the Line 6 MM4. But using a panner to oscillate between 2 amps instead of left and right speakers wouldn't have anything to do with amp resistance, you're just sending an audio signal down each cable right?

But a "spinning" oscillator for 4 amps? THAT will be deeeee-licious.

6. yeah, wouldn't going back and forth from one amp to another be a stereo chorus?
    anyhow, i like the four amp idea...only you should find some kind of foot controller that can rotate 360 degrees in a box shape (similar to a computer's joystick) to control where the sound is, you know, have one of the four amps in each corner of the square...now that would be trippy...i'd buy it!

this thread is starting to turn into an effect box thread...it might be in the wrong spot.

7. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    i have been tickled by your foot pedal idea, i thinking of it as we type.

8. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    yes it will, look at it like this if you have 2 tunnels one it very big and one is very small your are more likely to try the big tunnel, same thing with the signal. sept more will take the path of least resistance.

thank you for the spell of resistance i just couldnt get it right.

9. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Wasn't trying to knock your ability to build electronics as I most certainly would have botched it myself, was just razzing you over the word "invented". :bag:

10. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    well i did invent it, i didnt know that is was already made and then i through of a way to make it and made it.

11. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I really hope you are from a different country, and using babelfish translator to type your post.

I almost can't understand a word you say!!

Please explain!

12. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    near i am very dyslexic but i try my hardest.

13. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Oh? Well, that would be an acceptable excuse!

It seems like so many youngsters have no ability with the english language anymore, I just assumed you were also like that..sorry!

14. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    this is true but you can tell the 2 apart by there ability to invent effects pedals.

15. I bleam the Intrenet. :p

16. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I wouldnt've even made the attempt