Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

everyone check it out! (revised new gear possiblities) input!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ahhhson, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Ahhhson

Ahhhson Guest

Jun 5, 2003
    ALBANY NY 518
    QSC 1850HD power amp (that HAS to be enough power: 600W into 4 ohms w/o bridging-double what i have now, 800rb, and i just need a litle more )
    Ampeg svt810e cab

Hers a question: can you use the Sansamp RBI as your sole preamp or do you need something lkie the svtpro?
    I know most of you will say the RBI doesnt provide enough tone shaping and eq, but all i need is a driving, souped up hardcore bass sound . I already have the sansamp DI and i love the tone from that ( 100% blend).
    Anyways the RBi is wicked nice an a lot more affordable.....

Whats you think?

2. yeah you can use the rbi as the sole preamp..it has enough eq in my opinion. If you need more eq just get a parametric one and that should be enough.

3. Ahhhson

Ahhhson Guest

Jun 5, 2003
    ALBANY NY 518
    is parametric = graph?

Yea i dont have that now/dont need it

4. Ahhhson

Ahhhson Guest

Jun 5, 2003
    ALBANY NY 518
    so i think ive decided on the QSC 1850HD and an RBI....

Someone give me the ok or save me from blowing a wad of cash!!!!!!!!!

is it powerful enough? ( i sure think, 600W)

Will it sound great? ( dont need all the flex, just an SVT-esque sound)

help!

5. Ahhhson

Ahhhson Guest

Jun 5, 2003
    ALBANY NY 518
  6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Parametric EQ is one that has two knobs for each section: one similar to normal EQ that controls how much you boost or cut a part of signal, but also another which controls where the boost/cut point is, eg. you can move the most affected point between, for example, 40-70Hz for lows.

If there's something parametric about the EQ, it's usually the mids.

7. Actually that's a semi-perametric EQ. A fully perametric also has what's called a 'Q' control. This allows you to widen or narrow the range of frequencies that are being effected. If you're using it to clean up noise or feedback, you usually go for a narrow bandwidth. If you're doing tone shaping, you will want a wider bandwith with a smoother rolloff above and below the center frequency 'sweep' control.