Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Everyone say 'Hello' to little Saddam SARS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, May 13, 2003.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/13/1052591774910.html

Chinese couple name their baby son Saddam SARS
    May 13 2003

A couple in China have named their baby son Saddam SARS to mark the two important events taking place at the time of his birth, a news report said today.

The boy was born on March 20, the day the Iraq war broke out and at a time when alarm over the SARS outbreak was spreading across China.

His parents, from Hubei, have named the boy Saddam Deng SARS, the South China Morning Post reported. Deng is the parent's family name.

------

I hereby declare that my firstborn shall be named 'Chicago-area-hazing Hikerguy-hacks-own-arm-off Cook'.

brad cook

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That child is going to kill his parents with empty pepsi cans... I just know it...

3. no.

hes going to slap them in the face with sandals until they pass out from loss of blood.

4. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    oh man.............

can you say.....STUPID?

that kid's gunna be pissed at some point in his life. man.........stupid. stupid. stupid.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Actually in China he'll probably end up being a star.

brad cook

6. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Interesting current event...

Maybe my next will be Adolph ebola Hussein

7. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    for getting such publicity? or perhaps for punishing his parents in a cruel and unusual way for giving him such a ridiculous name?

whatever. I think it's embarrassingly* stupid to name your kid after 2 of the most horrible things going on in the world right now.

*embarrassing to be part of the same species as someone who would do such a cruel thing to their kid.

8. How do you get to read the Sydney Morning Herald?

Or, rather:

WHY do you read OUR papers? Aren't American papers good enough for you?

:D j/k, brother.

How strange. I'd hate it if my parents did something as stupid as that.

But then again, they might have called me Jaco. (see profile)

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well I have this little ritual every morning where I get up and drink coffee as I read every single newspaper in the world.

It's a real pain getting them delivered to my house. You should see the piles when I go out of town for a couple of days.

brad cook

ps - In reality though the article was linked from www.drudgereport.com

10. Wow, very original name. They must LOVE their child a lot for choosing such a great name. The kid's destiny is bound for celebrity, without any doubt... :rolleyes:

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think I just heard all the "Richard Heads" of the world breathe a collective sigh of relief.

brad cook

12. One of my brother's friends is named He-man.

13. POUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I hope you're kidding!?!?

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    He'll get on Letterman... just like Dick Assman did.

15. Great, so if I had a child born today I'd have to call her "Light News Day Branley"

be even worse if I was home in rural Somerset right now, "Local Tractor Stolen Branley"

16. Nope, not kidding. He was born in a foreign country and his parents had no idea there was a cartoon character named He-man. Funny, he even has the dash in his name. :D
    His full name is He-man Singh.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    A kid in my math class is Raven Littlejohn

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's pretty funny. I seriously know a girl named Shera. They should get together and..I don't know...make a cartoon?

brad cook

19. Darn! :eek:

Poor guy! But, I guess the guy is from Asia. The name sounds like vietnamese or somthing like that... Maybe the pronunciation differs?

20. My brother goes to school with a guy called BA.

That's what everyone calles him because his full name is "Baby Aiden in the Mist" (don't know his surname) :D