1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Everyone wants to whine about Fender's price increase....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rustynuts, Apr 9, 2009.

1. It's funny to see the weekly tirades and rages against Fender in the basses forum (Oh, my gawd! Fender raised their prices! How dare they!??!). Or maybe it's not funny. Truth be told, it gets old after about seven hundred and twenty six threads so today I'm going to rant about something else that's gone way up in price: Wendy's!

I'm somewhat a creature of habit in that I tend to order the same one or two things at the fast food places I frequent. As such, it's fairly easy to notice when the prices go up as they did today. The franchise here in town hasn't even had time to update their signage after this last increase.

Late last summer this particular meal cost me seven dollars and change. Around October it went up to $8.16. Last week it was still $9.27 and today it's $10.23. My lousy 3% cost of living raise can't keep up! Not that I'm complaining.....My job is pretty secure unless I do something stupid, and I feel for those who have been laid off or otherwise dismissed in this economy.

Whenever I go to Wendy's I pick up a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger for my dog as a treat. He loves them. But that item alone went up 35% just since last weekend.

It's not just Fender people! Get used to it....

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    We get the shock every few years when we buy another vehicle.

3. Very true. My mom found the paperwork for a brand new VW Rabbit she bought back in '77. Delivered, and well optioned for the time, it cost her less than $3500.

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My grandpa bought his first car for 100 bones just for the rims and tires back in '48-ish. Those are the poeple I feel bad for. He has seen everything. Pop/soda was a nickel, and he got it once a year. Now its a buck a bottle, and everyone drinks it all day long.

Lets just hope the whole "Its all a cycle" theory is correct.

5. I think the real shocking aspect of this is that someone actually eats Wendys! :eek:

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    LOL hahahaah :D

7. Better than McDonald's. Not much, though.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    actually, i was just laughing at eric's post cause it was funny, but i have to agree, wendy's beats mcdonalds any day.. chili? baked potato? decent salads? WIN

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Wendys>Mickey D's.

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    In -N- Out> The rest of that fast food crap you're eating.

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    No In and Out here. But there are many other non chain hole in the walls here that are quite good, and definitely much better than wendys or mickey d's.

12. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Joe, you've got about 6 days to come drink and party with me while I'm still relatively in the same time zone.

Beers, burgers, biotches, and biotechnology! What more could a man ask for?

13. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    No whining here - I always buy used!

Doesn't work so well with food, though. :D

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In n out>wendy's>carls Jr.>mc.donalds

15. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Fender knows that it can raise it's prices and a sufficient amount of demand for their products will still be present. The economy is bad, Fender needs to increase revenue to compensate. Smart business move... don't know how people can really complain.

But I feel your pain with Wendy's... beats the heck out of Burger King and Micky D's, and it's really the only other fast food burger place around here.

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

Arby's beats them both hands down.

17. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    "The horror.....the horror..."

18. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    +1, gotta be smart here, people :cool:

19. Why not? Second hand food is the best!

20. I miss In-N-Outs! I wish we had something even remotely similar here.

:bawl:

Can't say the same for our little town/city. I guess if I wanted to drive 45 minutes to Louisville I could find plenty of options, but here we have the full array of fast food (Wendy's Mickey D's, BK, Taco Bell, Arby's, Hardee's, KFC, etc.) but little else. Lots of touristy restaurants and such but not much for a quick meal.