Everything but the body

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Binkocd, May 18, 2007.

1. Binkocd

Binkocd

May 18, 2007
    I thought this would be the best place to ask my question. I have an Ibanez ergodyne edb 605 bass minus the body. I got the parts from a former friend who, in a drunkin daze, smashed the body in 2. I took the bass home and took everything out and my questions are: Does anyone know or have an EDB that is broken and wants to get rid of it? OR, What would be my best bet for a body for this bass? I really wanted an ergodyne, but they took the 600's out of production and the only place to find them is ebay. Any help here would be nice. Thanks.

2. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Post pictures of the neck, that will make it easier for others to be able to tell whether or not they may have something compatible.

3. you might be able to glue the body back together, I glued up a completely thrashed guitar once

4. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    You can also have a luthier build you a new body, it's not a really difficult job, as long as you have all the other parts.

5. Hi.

IMO a perfect opportunity to build Your first custom body.

Just my 0,02€
    Sam

6. Binkocd

Binkocd

May 18, 2007
    I couldn't glue it, it was pretty f'ed. I thought about building a custom, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on the opportunity to reunite a body with the rest of the bass. Then again, most everything I have is, as the guy at work call it, "Frankensteined." I plan on posting some pics of everything I have. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021