Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Everything fall down go BOOM!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by thomas, Apr 19, 2002.

1. So we had a gig yesterday playing for a local college's little festival thing and they had this flat bed trailer for a stage. Exciting enough. We played at 3PM in over 90 degree F weather in direct sun, none of our instruments wanted to stay in tune since they came out of a nice airconditioned house.

About half way through the set our drummer almost had a heatstroke so we took a break and let him recover. Went back to finish the set everything was peachy. Last song the drummer stands up to dive through his drums like he always does, I toss my Univox into the middle of the mess.

I turn around and he has dissappeared.

He got his foot caught on his drum stool and instead of falling forward into his drum kit he fell off the trailer onto the pavement backwards and in the midst of the fall got tangled in my cables or something and brought my entire rig down on his head. He's lucky he lived through the impact but he came out with little more than a few bruises.

I'm still scared to to plug my stuff in because I'm scared its all busted, plus some of my cables got broken in the process and I don't have back ups for my speaker cables.

Drummers.

2. Sunday night I finally got brave enough to hook stuff up.
    I had to pull the output plate off of my power amp to pry little broken bits of speaker cable end out of the jack and the input plate off of my speaker cab to bend the contacts back in enough that they would contact the plug.

The only thing actually broken turned out to be my two speaker cables.

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Lucky :)

You should thank your lucky stars :D

4. Sounds like the drummer was lucky too!! Will he have learned his lesson?

5. ...... Why was your drummer thinking about diving through his drums? Do you mean jumping over the drums onto the stage, or actually trying to dive through a drum head?:confused:

6. nirvana style probably
    smash everything up and end
    yes?

7. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Tell your drummer that if he does'nt smarten up you'll kick him in the mommy/daddy button.

8. Trey Cool style! My drummer did that - he busted his hand up real good. :p

Bloody typical :p :rolleyes: :D

9. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Why am I having images of Chris Farley right now?

That is almost too crazy to be true.

10. "You're just going to end up...in a van...down by the--OH SWEET LORD--!!" >>crashes into coffee table<<...