Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Everything Must Go

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well, I've had the new CD for about 3 days now. I really like it! Pixeleen, Green Book, Slang of Ages, and Lunch With Gina are my favorite tracks so far. I also have to admit that Walter's bass work is really good, but I'd hope that Tom Barney would be on this one.

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Is it out already over there? Cheeky bastards! :D It doesn't come out till Monday over here...

So, how does it compare to the classic era SD? How does it compare to Two Against Nature?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It doesn't come out until June 10th over here. I have my ways! ;) It seems to drift betwixt the 2 eras the classics and "Two Against...".

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I'm buying this on day one.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    ...in that case, it actually comes out here a day before it comes out there!

Well, on Monday I'm going into HMV on my way home from work.

Unfortunately, it turns out, they're not planning on touring outside the US this time round :(

6. Kid Charlemagne

Kid Charlemagne

May 29, 2002
    Europe
    I think Walter's bass playing has imroved a great deal! Don't disrespect him, he is after all the original bass player for the dan.

Also; note that all the rythm tracks are cut live with very few "fix"s. This album has a significally different feel to it compared to "two against nature".

I love it already.:)