eViL j's previous bass to his Peavey???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 22, 2005.

1. I have been listening to my "Sevas Tra" cd alot lately, and have fallen back in love with eViL j's bass's tone.

I wasn't able to correctly identify his bass at first, passing it off as an Ibanez RD, but now that I look a bit closer, I see that it's a Lakland. Well, as far as I can tell it's a Lakland. Am I right in this assumption?

I've included a few pics for those of you whom, aren't familiar with Otep, just as a reference, and so you don't need to go searching for a pic to help me out.

Also, to those of you whom are die-hard Otep fans, is "j's" bass stock from the factory?? It kinda seems he has different pickups in it.

Thanks in advance to any whom help.

~Ryan

2. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    It's a Lakland with Seymour Duncan Bassline pickups, they have a more aggressive sound than the standard Bartolini's..perfect for metal...

3. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I don't think j would leave any instrument stock :D

Did they ever find that fretless of his that was stolen?

4. So, I'm guessing it is safe to say that he played a 55-94, as opposed to a Skyline series bass???

~Ryan

5. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
  6. I never thought to look on Lakland's list, seeing as he made the switch to a Peavey Cirrus for the "House of Secrets" album. Thanks for the link though!

~Ryan

7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I feel sick, he went from Lakland to Peavey Millenium :(

Sadness.

It's a 55-94 because of the exotic finish and top. Skyline series aren't allowed to have those :(.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Actually, the discontinued USA Millennium Plus compares very favorably to a 55-94. I prefer the Peavey VFL electronics to the stock Bart setup in the Lakland. Although I do love the optional Basslines setup.

Now if he switched to the imported Millennium series, then I indeed feel your pain!:D

9. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i thought he played a peavey cirrus...

10. He DOES play a Cirrus... Maybe he tooled around on a Millenium Plus before the Cirrus???

~Ryan