Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eViL j's previous bass to his Peavey???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 22, 2005.

1. I have been listening to my "Sevas Tra" cd alot lately, and have fallen back in love with eViL j's bass's tone.

I wasn't able to correctly identify his bass at first, passing it off as an Ibanez RD, but now that I look a bit closer, I see that it's a Lakland. Well, as far as I can tell it's a Lakland. Am I right in this assumption?

I've included a few pics for those of you whom, aren't familiar with Otep, just as a reference, and so you don't need to go searching for a pic to help me out.

Also, to those of you whom are die-hard Otep fans, is "j's" bass stock from the factory?? It kinda seems he has different pickups in it.

Thanks in advance to any whom help.

~Ryan

2. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    It's a Lakland with Seymour Duncan Bassline pickups, they have a more aggressive sound than the standard Bartolini's..perfect for metal...

3. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I don't think j would leave any instrument stock :D

Did they ever find that fretless of his that was stolen?

4. So, I'm guessing it is safe to say that he played a 55-94, as opposed to a Skyline series bass???

~Ryan

5. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
  6. I never thought to look on Lakland's list, seeing as he made the switch to a Peavey Cirrus for the "House of Secrets" album. Thanks for the link though!

~Ryan

7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I feel sick, he went from Lakland to Peavey Millenium :(

Sadness.

It's a 55-94 because of the exotic finish and top. Skyline series aren't allowed to have those :(.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, the discontinued USA Millennium Plus compares very favorably to a 55-94. I prefer the Peavey VFL electronics to the stock Bart setup in the Lakland. Although I do love the optional Basslines setup.

Now if he switched to the imported Millennium series, then I indeed feel your pain!:D

9. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i thought he played a peavey cirrus...

10. He DOES play a Cirrus... Maybe he tooled around on a Millenium Plus before the Cirrus???

~Ryan