EVM 15B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaxom, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jaxom

jaxom

Aug 31, 2008
    New Castle, PA
    I have a EVM 15B laying around. Was wondering if there are any building plans for a cab for this speaker. Would it have to be sealed or ported? Or does that not matter for the speaker (just sound). I also have a Carvin RL115 cab. Would it benefit to just swap the Carvin with the EV?

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Search up plans for the " EV TL-606 " box.

3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    No harm in throwing in there try it out? I think that driver plays pretty well in various enclosures. I don't think you are going to enormous lows from the 15B though. Have a feeling the Eminence that's in there will be better down low but have less overall SPL.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya, certainly won't hurt to try seeing as you have everything there already. The EV likely run louder, just that it doesn't have a huge bottom, so, can get away with putting it in a bit smaller box if you'd like.

Not sure what model of Carvin you have but my old grey carpet V115 was a great sounding speaker. Better than the newer stuff.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021