1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Evolution's Lack of Evolution

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by red_rhino, Dec 11, 2020.

1. red_rhino

red_rhino Artful Dodger Gold Supporting Member

What’s up with Evolution? It’s always the same; change this, change that, nothing but change. You’d think that after 4 billion years, Evolution would come up with something new. How about No Change for a change?

Even TalkBass threads evolve. Someone posts something, then everyone else posts their take on the subject, and before you know it, it’s a completely different thread. I know some of you think these thread are amusing, but we’ve got to change evolution to do something new.

I’m open to suggestions, as long as it doesn’t involve change.

KingShiv and Winslow like this.
  2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    How about tacos? I could have tacos every day.

3. People who claim to know jackrabbits will tell you they are primarily motivated by Fear, Stupidity and Craziness. But I have spent enough time in jackrabbit country to know that most of them lead pretty dull lives; they are bored with their daily routines: eat, shag, sleep, hop around a bush now & then . . .No wonder some of them drift over the line into cheap thrills once in a while; there has to be a powerful adrenaline rush in crouching by the side of a road, waiting for the next set of headlights to come along, then streaking out of the bushes with split-second timing and making it across to the other side just inches in front of the speeding front wheels.

Why not? Anything that gets the adrenaline moving like a 440 volt blast in a copper bathtub is good for the reflexes and keeps the veins free of cholesterol . .

4. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

99938348-A010-4C19-B3B6-4FE46AD9A108.gif

the harp unstrung and Winslow like this.
  5. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    progress is over rated

6. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    “We fear change”
    Garth Algar

the harp unstrung and MattZilla like this.
  7. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    I definitely gave you a fifty. You’re supposed to give me a twenty, a ten, a five, three ones, a dime and three pennies. I don’t see what the problem is here.

5StringBlues likes this.
  8. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    The shoemakers children go barefoot.

the harp unstrung likes this.
  9. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    The duck billed platypus.

'Nuff said.

10. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Australia
    Evolution is trying to achieve perfection but we’re standing in it’s way... again.

charlie monroe likes this.
  11. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Four billion years ago, the first life forms on Earth evolved. They were primitive bacteria called prokaryotes and they subsisted on energy from underwater geothermal vents.

They're still around today, virtually unchanged.

Many other ancient organisms exist to the present day and evolution has kept them stable the entire time because they are successful as they are.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Mr_Moo, the harp unstrung and fhm555 like this.
  12. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    As long as there's a geothermal vent to cling to. :D

13. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung Humankind: be both. Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    I aaalmost chose this li’l platy pup for my new era icon...

88EE7985-6A79-4910-B297-584593B37DF6.jpeg

Then I almost chose this li’l guy...

5D308AAE-CA32-433B-ADAE-128B92AB9254.jpeg

Mr_Moo and buldog5151bass like this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021