1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EWS Tri-Logic Malfunction

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RawOrange, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Southeast Wisconsin
    I have this Tri-Logic that has been non-functional for quite some time, and I would really love to figure out why.

The issue is white noise present when the effect is switched on. It persists no matter what settings are used, and in fact the EQ knobs changes the frequency of the noise (meaning the issue is before the EQ section of the pedal).

I am using a proper 18v center negative power supply for the pedal, and the problem persists no matter where the pedal is plugged in.

Here is a sample of the issue:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, though I understand if there is no hope for home repair.

Thanks!

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    my guess is that you either have a bad BS170 mosfet transistor or a bad NE5532 chip since those are the two amplifier stages before the eq.

3. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Southeast Wisconsin
    Thank you very much for the information johnk_10!

Not sure if I am up for fixing it, but I know from talking to EWS that sending it to them would almost cost more than buying another used one.