1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Exar Super Fuzz on bass vid demo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    whoooooooooo! hurm. this thing...... rokks. there's a BUTTload of tones in there. i didn't expect much, and i'm..... sorta a snob about booteequy fuzzes and stuff looking all purty and everything. but this bugger actually blew me away. only other Exar thing i've tried is the octave thinger and it was a'ight. but this? MEOW.

Exar Super Fuzz on bass - YouTube

i would LOVE to play with one of these that had an expression pedal input mapped to the Filter knob. nudge nudge. wink wink. knowwhatimean? eh gov'nuh?

oh jia, also Bongomania's a US rep for Exar. stellar dooder. if you haven't noticed on any of his RIDICULOUSLY helpful and informative posts, he's doing a sale on Exar stuff for TB'ers right now.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Thanks so much for doing that demo! I've been pushing Exar to include more expression-pedal options, but no joy so far. I think they actually don't understand how much it would boost Western interest in their pedals.

The sale is to clear out current inventory, as they're coming out with a new series that has metal knobs and footswitches, and more of an industrial look overall. Those won't be available for a couple more months yet.

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Dang....that's super cool. I love how it gets that distancey sound to it when up'ing the Freq and Mix. REALLY cool. Bet that gets crazy gnarly with some delay.

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    neat! yah, i'm REALLY surprised out how much i like this thing. the low grindy anger settings are my favorite.

are they changing the way the footswitch feels? 'cause that's a big selling point in my opinion right now.

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    It's still a silent relay switch, not a clicky 3PDT, but it looks more like the traditional round metal button.

6. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    So how much are these things running, right now, with these discounts?

7. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    pssssssst! read the man's sig. he's being a SUBTLE bunny!

8. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Doh......and ooooo that is deliciously cheap in an irresistible way.

9. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    ALso like the tonez in there; anyone tried the Exar Distortion on bass yet? Not to derail...

10. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i....... have not. the only Exar stuff i've had is the octaver (down's sounded ok, the up sounded kinda..... bad) and this Lil' Orange Bugger.

11. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    The Bass Distortion went out on a tour of about 15 or so TB'ers, so hopefully one of them may pop around to offer an opinion.