Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Excel help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gunnar Þór, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Do any of you guys know how to link two cells in Excel so that when you press TAB you move between the two of them, like if you have cell A1 and when you press TAB you go to cell B2 instead of A2?

Thanks. :)

2. I know of a way...

But it requires a full moon and a human sacrifice.

But really, I can't think of how right now. Been a couple years since I've had to use excel everyday. Stuff goes quick when you don't use it.

3. Tell me about it. My dad was using that command a two months ago and he can't remember what it was. :rolleyes:

4. Close, but not quite. There's a function that lets you select which squares you want to jump between and makes you always jump between those squares when you press tab.

5. All right. Imagine you're making a form in Excel. You have a square called "Name" and another one called "Profession". There are two empty squares between those two. What you want is that when you are in "Name" and press tab you will go directly to "Profession" instead of scrolling through the empty squares in between.

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's been a while since I've used that function, but if my memory serves me correctly, the worksheet protection function has something to do with it. I just did a little playing around with it and found that when I navigated Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet, the tab key no longer worked; and that was for the entire sheet. Maybe if you could unprotect a range of cells after protecting the entire sheet...that's my guess.

7. That's the ticker. Thanks for the help guys. :)