Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Excellent Contemporary Gospel DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by malthumb, Jan 24, 2004.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just bought and watched Paul S. Morton & Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship (FGBCF)DVD Let It Rain. If you like contemporary gospel, you have to get this. The singing is excellent, the production quality of the DVD is top notch.

Andrew Gouche' + MTD635 = low frequency spiritual bliss. His fingerstyle tone is amazing and his finger speed approaches Vic Wooten. Every lick is tasteful and powerful.

Another bassist, Jermaine Williams, plays a Ken Smith 6er on a number of the selections and he is no slouch. All the bass work on this DVD makes me want to get back into the woodshed and start sweatin'.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who's seen this DVD or listened to the CD.

Peace,

James

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thanks for posting.

i just got into Gouche when i bought a Los Angeles Mass Choir album about a month ago. he has a great sound!

where did you buy it?

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I got it at "God's World", here in Detroit. It's a music / book store owned by one of the local mega-churches.

I actually went in to buy the CD, 'cause I had heard one of the cuts on the radio. When I saw they had DVD, I figured, "what the hey?"

I just went to BN.com and they have it for $15.98, which is less than I paid for it.

Peace,

James