1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Excellent EBMM Sting Ray. Natural Ash, Hs pickups. Closet queen with HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ken Lloyd, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Price:
    Strings:
    US-made Sting Ray 4 Hs with classic Ray sound and more!

Maple neck. One piece ash body; pretty wood grain. Natural finish.

Excellent condition. No dings. Fabulous instrument.

Original hard shell Music Man case included, only minor scuffs.

Price includes shipping to conus addresses.

Beautiful US-made Sting Ray bass. Maple neck, attractive one-piece ash body, natural finish. Really looks nice, a well proportioned instrument with that great classic Ray sound plus other killer tone options.

This is one rare tone monster. Got it from the wife of a guy who said it had been stored under the bed, mostly unplayed. It was my joy to play it maybe 15 gigs in a short-lived funk group about three or four years ago.

Unblemished; just a few light swirls in the pick guard and top. US made. Original Music Man hard shell case in great shape; minor scuffs.

Hs pickups. My view: in addition to that classic Ray sound, these provide the most versatile tone options on a StingRay. Five position switch moves you quickly between different, though useful tones. See pic for layout details of the switch. And of course there are the standard High, Middle and Low tone knobs.

Neck is straight. Truss rod works and turns easily. Tuning machines hold the pitch nicely. All hardware in fine shape. The control cavity is clean, fully shielded. Control cavity cover is shielded. This is one well made instrument. Lots of pics for you to view. Weight on my low resolution bathroom scale is just under 10 pounds.

Currently strung with D'Addario Chromes (flats), about four years young. I'd be happy to keep the flats and put a newer set of rounds on, if you prefer rounds. You pick.

I hate to part with this, though I'm having a custom bass made for me, so I need some funds.

I pack obsessively well; ship promptly. Ships to conus addresses only.

Price is $949 including shipping.
    PayPal ok. Personal check is too; will ship when check clears my bank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Sav'nBass, Bigoo7e, Hudsobass and 4 others like this.
  2. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Here's the Hs five position switch coil diagram that enables easy access to great tone options stingray_hs.PNG

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    armybass likes this.
  3. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The diagram indicates series and parallel functioning. Is there any parallel/ series switching or is it wired just parallel?

4. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Hello.

In two places on the diagram I see “series” mentioned (in the key and the Rev A comment) though on the actual switch description I see only parallel (denoted by symbol “&”) wiring noted for all five positions. That is, I don’t see the “+” symbol (for series) used anywhere in the switch positions descriptions.

So I’m no expert on this stuff, I’m just reading the diagram, though I always have thought that all the positions used parallel wiring of the different coils, based on this diagram. I do know the different sounds are terrific.

There’s no extra series switch that I’m aware of.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  5. Do you know what year it is?

6. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Hello. I believe it’s a 1999. Looks almost new.

MilesWilliams likes this.
  7. Arch58

Arch58 Retro Rumble Machine Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    What a killer price!!!! Wish mine would sell, this would be mine!!!!

Ken Lloyd likes this.
  8. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Yes I agree with you. Not planning to drop any lower.

9. Beautiful grain!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021