Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

excellent new CDs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, May 10, 2003.

1. i was out shopping for my brother's birthday (i got him a Faith no More CD) and i picked up some stuff for myself, since i had a Newbury Comics gift certificate and needed some new CDs. i found a Half Japanese 2-CD set, "greatest hits" for 12 bucks (69 songs) and i got Dismemberment Plan's "!" CD. i'm listening to D-plan right now. i knew these guys were good from what i had already hear, but :eek: i think i have a new addition to my favorite bands list!

2. I hate Birthday shopping for people, especially CDs, because I can't resist getting things for myself as well, the worst is when I only have enough money for one disc.

Newbury Comics is the illest store in the world. In my mind, heaven is a 20 story, football sized Newbury comics; complete with lounge area with big screen TVs and DVD players and Playstation 2s.

Yes, I really am that lethargic.

3. yes, Newbury is quite sweet. I love having one in my town (Braintree.) It's fun to go to the one on Newbury Street too, where it all began.:)
    Newbury Street also has a CD spins, where you can get sweet CDs for really cheap. They have a wall of "budget CDs," all of which are about 4 bucks, and if you buy four, you get a fifth for free.