1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

excellent new CDs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, May 10, 2003.

1. i was out shopping for my brother's birthday (i got him a Faith no More CD) and i picked up some stuff for myself, since i had a Newbury Comics gift certificate and needed some new CDs. i found a Half Japanese 2-CD set, "greatest hits" for 12 bucks (69 songs) and i got Dismemberment Plan's "!" CD. i'm listening to D-plan right now. i knew these guys were good from what i had already hear, but :eek: i think i have a new addition to my favorite bands list!

2. I hate Birthday shopping for people, especially CDs, because I can't resist getting things for myself as well, the worst is when I only have enough money for one disc.

Newbury Comics is the illest store in the world. In my mind, heaven is a 20 story, football sized Newbury comics; complete with lounge area with big screen TVs and DVD players and Playstation 2s.

Yes, I really am that lethargic.

3. yes, Newbury is quite sweet. I love having one in my town (Braintree.) It's fun to go to the one on Newbury Street too, where it all began.:)
    Newbury Street also has a CD spins, where you can get sweet CDs for really cheap. They have a wall of "budget CDs," all of which are about 4 bucks, and if you buy four, you get a fifth for free.