1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Exciting Bass fuzz suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Nov 1, 2018.

1. jazznrick

jazznrick Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Woodlands, Texas
    Hello fellow TBers,
    Today a Jext Telez Black Drone Wasp fuzz arrived and it does not work with my main bass’s pickups. I thought it was going to be my answer for everything. I want to be heard in the mix and have people know my sound. I play post punk, indie rock and synth pop. I have my Spaceman Nebula, which I love, but I’m using it kind of as an overdrive. I need a companion for it and I have 220 to spend. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My favorite fuzz these days is the MXR Bass Distortion because it's based on the Proco Rat and I love Rats. However, I used to have a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine that was pretty terrific, and even though I don't like the mid scoop of Big Muffs, my Green Russian reissue Muff is pretty decent although the mid scoop has made me relegate it to guitar. But believe it or not, I have really good luck getting a fuzz sound by cranking the drive knob on a Tech 21 VT pedal all the way up. I still favor the MXR pedal but that VT is quite excellent as a fuzz, too.

jazznrick likes this.
  3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Fairfield circuitry 4 eyes fuzz is the one I use.
    I like it a lot as it is a versatile interesting(to me) pedal.
    A very useful and fun tool!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  4. A clean blender/loop pedal might let you get useable sounds out of a wider range of fuzz pedals, or just make the good ones sound even better :D Might make it easier to eq your fuzz to stand out in the mix without losing bottom end.

jazznrick likes this.
  5. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I wonder if a more synthy fuzz would be something that would be helpful in your band situation. I'd look into a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine or a 3Leaf Audio You're Doom

jazznrick and Lammchop93 like this.
  6. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Can you post some examples of bands that use a fuzz tone you like?

jazznrick likes this.
  7. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I've been having a lot of fun with the Idiotbox Blackout.

jazznrick likes this.